xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
anwiii

Adobe Dreamweaver Cs4 Download is there a place to download it without the installer?

i wanted to try out dreamweaver, but what happened is that i had to download the little installer program from akamai technologies. what a piece of crap as i am unable to connect. is there somewhere where i can just download it without the installer? an exe file or zipped file?i don't know why this installer is giving me connection problems. when i double click the installer, it will act like it's connecting and getting ready to install, and then go dead.

:) Is that the Java based installer which loads up from Adobe? I had some troubles with it even with an ultra fast connection at the local college, it still took over 5 minutes to kick in. I tried it about 4-5 times to get it working. You could try a torrent but it will probably be tampered with and may contain a Trojan. (people always like to go for the Adobe products and MS OS's). Sorry i don't have any other suggestions. Edited by inverse_bloom (see edit history)

Yes, IB is right. You have to try torrent and find OEM based installers. I don't think there is any way other than web based installers from official adobe site.I have similar issues from MSDN, as even they started web based installers. >_<

yea, i just decided to try my luck with a torrent. i have it installed now.sky gave me a resource after i had already had it downloaded.....so thanks budstill strange how that installer from the adobe website wouldn't connect. i tried a few time too.....but with no luck. at first my thought was that it was running in the background....but NOPE! :)

Yeah well, Adobe's Download Manager sucks..it's the same as McAfee's download manager... They both seem the same software/application but edited in some way to make them different from each other.Ah well. I hope it works for you anwii. :)