xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
onkarnath2001

Windows Vista And Windows7

in short way: windows vista fails and windows 7 magnificent :oit seems' that microsoft didn't want to change their GUI, so that's why 7 looks similar to vista, and people said that 7 was created as a fix to vista :)windows vista ultimate of course has feature that windows vista home premium doesn't have, especially the so-called "windows ultimate extras" including the nice Dream Scene that make you able to use your wmv files as your desktop background. windows vista home premium also doesn't have any business stuffs inside (though i think you won't need them...), but if you want vista to satisfy your needs to multimedia, then just choose home premium

I didn't think that much of the differences between the two, but like you, I started to wonder and picked out a few things that I've noticed myself, not to mention the benchmarks that I've seen and the general consensus.W7 feels much faster than Vista SP2. Not just by feeling, but by actual numbers. I don't know why Vista likes to take over a couple of minutes to fire up Spore when it takes less than 10 seconds (if that) to fire up any other game on my computer with Windows 7. I don't know why Vista seems a bit sluggish when multi-tasking when I can fire up Firefox, Word, Fallout 3, browse my computer contents with Explorer, and do all other sorts of stuff without missing a beat. I almost feel like I'm doing a Mac vs. PC bash, but to me, I've drank the Kool-Aid AND experienced it too with both operating systems... and it's a wonder why people STILL stick to Vista. I believe the coding behind the scenes is different, although the Aero interface is the same, both operating systems utilize Vista drivers, and the general feel of both operating systems SEEM the same.From an interface level, Windows 7 gets rid of the Show Desktop button and moves it to the far right of the taskbar, giving you Aero Peek (which I still think is kind of useless unless you want to see what image you have currently for your desktop background or to see what's on your desktop) and clicking it minimizes everything. There is no Switch Windows button, since it's rather redundant with "Windows key + Tab" or "Alt + Tab." Jump lists are pretty neat for some programs that support it, and the large preview is a nice touch when you mouse-over an item in the taskbar. (I saw that Vista had that too, but it's a smaller preview that's not as useful... but maybe it's dependent on Aero options.)I'm not sure if Vista has it, but you can activate a slideshow desktop background. I guess you can put WMVs as backgrounds too if you have Dream Scene, but that's not really an arguable point since it doesn't come stock with Windows 7.If you get the Ultimate version, XP mode apparently lets you step back if your programs are not working nicely with the new OS. I'm not exactly sure how this differs from compatibility mode, but I'm guessing that it fires up a virtual XP environment instead of running programs in a compatibility mode. Again, not sure how this is different, but if it works, it works...I haven't personally explored Vista as much as I have with WIndows 7, so these points may be off-base and/or biased. Can you search within directories in Vista (like you can in Ubuntu)? Can you tweak with volume levels by program? What else is there that I'm missing? (I'm sure that I'm missing a LOT.)

Well I have to say Windows 7 is wayyyy faster than vista, crashes less, the programs I have tried work really well, except for one thing I have noticed is that sometimes when I'm running a design program it thinks too much, without the file being too big, that's my only issue, aaa and I forget the security, it's really strange, because when you first install it, you off course put your session as an administrator, but if you try to modify windows files a message appears telling you that you must have permission from the administrator in order to make the changes, and then it's just weird because you have to go to the permission settings in the computer and surprise!! even if your profile says you are the administrator you really aren't, the "computer" is still the administrator so you have to change those settings and become the real administrator, for me that was a surprise because it was weird. I want to change the pc for a mac but I can say at least is a decent OS better than the devilish vista.

Windows 7 is much, much faster than Vista and that itself is one reason for the high price. Also, 7 has less compatibility issues than Vista does. All in all, 7 is like a new improved XP, and Vista is...well you can't compare Vista with any other OS! :)

also what is the main difference between vista home premium and vista ultimate while they look quite similar.????

You can see this page to compare all the editions of Vista - you can't see the differences in daily use, but there are some changes deep within!

what is main diffence between windows vista and windows 7,,they look similar,why such a price difference???also what is the main difference between vista home premium and vista ultimate while they look quite similar.????

thanks a lot for replying ,but i want to know that if GUI are the same,functions are same and the company is same. the base is like vista itself ,what is the meaning of introducing windows7,,,they might name it as windows vista ultimate service pack 3 or 4 like this,,why microsoft changed its name while it looks similar to previous versions.as we had seen 98,2000,xp were having hell and heaven difference but not xp home edition,professional,sp1,sp2 so they were named with xp as a prefix..y this windows 7 in spite of vista as a prefix?????
is not is just a marketing strategy to earn with the new name???

thanks a lot for replying ,but i want to know that if GUI are the same,functions are same and the company is same. the base is like vista itself ,what is the meaning of introducing windows7,,,

I suggest you to read site like winsupersite. In this site there is explanation for almost every component of windows 7 and windows vista. You'll find the features which are not supported by vista but present in windows 7. Also there is lot of improvement in terms of GUI in windows 7. GUI in windows 7 can run faster and without any glitches on lower RAM. While this was very hard on vista and we can see even 1 GB RAM struggles for resources on vista.

And if you were in the business of operating system selling then will you name your new product by renaming the product which was flop in market ? Be rational and think of it in terms of business instead of passing your judgment on name marketing. And to tell you that there was no heaven and hell difference between 98,ME or 95. Codebase for these threee was same but more features were added. Only change was in windows 2000 after that there was another change in windows xp then vista. That system codebase change is not heaven and hell difference, user interface and many features were either added or replaced and those were minor on many accounts.

And it's not marketing strategy of introducing windows 7. You can say it is like windows 2000 SP or XP which was introduced after failures of windows ME. Windows 7 is enhancement and with backwards compatibility to windows XP. Also lot of things in vista are improved and fixed in windows 7. If you have gone through annoyances.org Book for windows vista and winsupersite's take on windows 7, you'll see there is lot of difference in those two operating system. And about prefix, there was one explanation about this on many site that, Windows 7 was started with codename Vienna, but later 7 was sticked to it and marketed as well.

I do not know to have some differences from Windows 7 Windows Vista Service again almost 2 All is also only occupies less memory on the hard disk and can better design and malt I am both pleased and unlike XP is much better</span>

Edited by index.html (see edit history)

Well, i have been using Windows 7 Ultimate Edition for 2 months now and Windows Vista Home edition for 2 years! Windows vista is slow and takes to much space. Windows7 is fast and lightweight. Much easier to use. User-friendly. Good themes. Aero Transparent. Preview bar. and the favorite icon taskbar! I highly recommend that you get Windows 7 Home Edition or Higher! and also install the updates everday and use Windows Live Essentials