xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
rob86

Do You Like Sugar?

i remember when my grandmother would come and take care of us when my parents were on vacation. i didn't really like her cooking that much except for roast and her thanksgiving dinners were the best. so i always looked forward to desserts after one of her meals.

one night she opens up a can of peaches for dessert. i don't even eat canned fruits to this day! yea...so fruits to satisfy a sweetness craving went out when my grandmother died. a new generation popped up. kids who know a lot more about their taste buds than what the older generation taught them.

i do have to agree with much of what you said in your post, but i for one am willing to live with the sacrifices. plus, i will always be a kid at heart. you're talking with someone who misses the days of hunting for chocolate easter eggs and hoarding them for 3 months til i eat them all.

when i go shopping every month, i have to buy a big bad of peanut m&m's or a big bag of skittles i'm talking the $8 bags now. but then, i am 40 lbs overweight. i am getting tired of looking at that fat in the mirror :)

but yea....sugar can give you a high like caffeen, and then drain you for the rest of the day. i had such a great life with my sugars though. why would i ever want to deprive myself now knowing that i'd just be punishing my own self :o

So how can you maintain good sugar levels and without cutting back on sweet treats? Since when did we ever need to go any further than fruits for something sweet? You don't even need to eat fruits to get some sugar (i.e. glucose) into your blood (although sugar from fruits is called fructose). Try to always go for complex sugar products. Complex sugar is just a string of simple sugars. Most cheap products out there are merely simple-sugar products, so why go with the more complex ones since complex sugar is made up of simple sugars?