xisto Community
Nameless_

A Query For The Sites That I Am Meant To Put My Blog Posts In For Traffic OK... I have started my blog yesterday... so... now what?

Heya people... Another help thread from Nameless_, and more will be coming from the future as I get my site up and running... :)

This time, it is about putting my blog posts into the right places... so, I have started on my blog yesterday, and I have read somewhere before that I am meant to put my blog posts into different places, like, right into the bloggosphere to get the most traffice.

Somethine like digg it and so on, and I am meant to put my blog into diifferent sites as well... I understand that some sites might be best to put my blog in AFTER I have quite a number of posts, but I would like to put my posts into sites like digg it as I post so I won't have to catch up with the number of posts that I have missed before...

Can someone put down the lists of websites that I am meant to put my blog and my blog posts there? Also, I see that many sites have things like RSS buttons and all that, as well as a "Share this post on Facebook, mySpace, Reddit, digg it, etc, etc, etc" How do I put something like that into my drupal template?

Thanks for all your help, everyone.... :o More questions coming.... :D ARGH!!! So stressed. :D :D B)

That site's looking better than the last time I visited it - Good work :o

I understand it's important to get word about your blog around, so putting it in sites isn't such a bad idea...I might try that as well later..Anyway, here's a site which has a whole list of blog directories for you : Link 1
You could also visit Link 2 and Link 3 for some good directories. And I believe there are some drupal modules to put in those digg, FB and other buttons on your site. I'm a bit sleepy right now (it's 6AM here) so I'm not looking it up, but I'm sure you'll find it easily or a non-sleepy member will soon find it for you :D:) Keep it going! :D

Thanks for the information... I don't think I'll get any more replies to this thread... but anyway, I have bookmarked this page!!! :) Thanks for all the information. I will proceed to add my blog to those blog directories after I have a few more posts... won't take long, I promise. Maybe a week or two, I aim to have at least ten posts...Maybe I'll do it by the end of this month... THANKS!!!

Ping-o-matic is a good place to start. It will submit the fact your site has been updated to all the sites you tick, so you can submit to lots at once from one place. Drupal also includes a module called Ping that automatically does this for you each time your Drupal cron job runs. Enable the module and get it submitting to every site you can - then you don't need to worry about going round updating them all manually each time you write a new post.

Here is quick tips from me, i may sound repeatable but here goes.1) Create 5 posts with more than 400 words on your blog.2) Out of those 5 choose your favorite 2 which you think will bring visitors.3) Sign up at digg,mixx, delicious and submit those 2 links. Not immediately but with gap of 2-6 hours.4) Insert entrecard widget on your blog(you have to edit theme to post it somewhere in sidebar).5) You have to be active on mixx,digg,delicious and have to promote some other stories and ask friends or Xisto people to check your submission and upvote it.6) Submit your blog to blog carnivals or directories only after having 6-10 content pages/blog posts.I hope this is quick one or big one from me. Anyway, let me know how it goes for you after trying this.

Ping-o-matic is a good place to start. It will submit the fact your site has been updated to all the sites you tick, so you can submit to lots at once from one place. Drupal also includes a module called Ping that automatically does this for you each time your Drupal cron job runs. Enable the module and get it submitting to every site you can - then you don't need to worry about going round updating them all manually each time you write a new post.

Hmm... thanks... I'll check that out. I'd use Ping as well though, if it wasn't for the fact that my cron isn't working and hasn't been working for the past few weeks... :( Boo hoo. I wonder why. But Ping- o-matic sounds really good. :):o:D

Here is quick tips from me, i may sound repeatable but here goes.

1) Create 5 posts with more than 400 words on your blog.

2) Out of those 5 choose your favorite 2 which you think will bring visitors.

3) Sign up at digg,mixx, delicious and submit those 2 links. Not immediately but with gap of 2-6 hours.

4) Insert entrecard widget on your blog(you have to edit theme to post it somewhere in sidebar).

5) You have to be active on mixx,digg,delicious and have to promote some other stories and ask friends or Xisto people to check your submission and upvote it.

6) Submit your blog to blog carnivals or directories only after having 6-10 content pages/blog posts.

I hope this is quick one or big one from me. Anyway, let me know how it goes for you after trying this.

Argh!!! I didn't know you had to register at those sharing post sites to put them on... alright... I'll do that... :D Once I get up to 5 posts, that is... :( I'll find a way to edit my blog theme for the entrecard widget and I'm sure that the people on Xisto will help me up vote them... :D

But thanks so much... B)

I too didn't know till now that you had to register at digg to digg the posts....well maybe that's because I never visited digg anyway - just keep hearing about it from others. rvalkass and mahesh have some really cool suggestions - I'm sure if you get them right you'll get some good traffic pretty soon :)