xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
TheDarkHacker

Casual Techie Beta 2

Not having enough time or money to publish your own content doesn't justify copyright infringement. Don't copy. Read a lot of articles, improve your English spelling and sentence structure. Then, after reading a few other articles on other news channels, publish your own BASED on the information provided there, don't copy.
This is copied from the footer of the eWeek site:

Copyright Š1996-2009 Ziff Davis Enterprise Holdings Inc. All Rights Reserved. eWEEK and Spencer F. Katt are trademarks of Ziff Davis Enterprise Holdings, Inc. Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission of Ziff Davis Enterprise Inc. is prohibited.

Do you realize you're breaking the law here? Someone might contact xisto and tell them you're copying from their site, and your hosting could be suspended or totally canceled. Please, don't start off a site as a content thief. Copying from other sites is also bad for your SEO. You won't get much search engine traffic, you're just hurting your own site and breaking the law.

I just help eWeek with giving them clicks using their RSS.My eWeek system works simple.They post news on RSS,my website gets their RSS,and it displays links of their sites.They normally know about that,just click on eWeek link and you will see ref="casualtechie.com" in the source.That says that they know about my website,and links pointing to hem.There is nothing bad to that,and they know about that,so if they wanted,they would report my website,but they didn't!Why i would modify content,when it is the same,and my website is something like Google's spider,it gets data from websites,and it is indexing.I am not a pro,but i am not amateur,too.

@TDH, by ripping off or using creative commons work you won't get publicity or fame you need as blogger. But your blog will be in category of black hat seo people who use autoblog or rip off blogs. It is better to start your own blog with content written on your own, it doesn't matter if you go wrong with spell mistakes/typos first. But more you write on your own will improve your english and blogging skill. So i suggest that instead of quoting and using sources from eweek or some other sites. Start writing on your own,if you want help with writing let me know i'll help you give pointers whenever and with anything that i can do with.

Blog?! It is portal, http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ :o There are lots of websites which are like feeds,for example very popular site, http://www.computerworld.com/ By the second i am not quoting or something like that,and i am getting informations from lots of websites.I use eWeek only as an option for me,very updated news,so if someone hate my website,he can press links on the left side :) Here in Macedonia no one is writing all we are copying :D I will try to make more content without copy-pasting,i see that people which are not from Macedonia aren't liking my website with copies.Thanks and i will try to do that,but i do not have some time,so if you can help me,thank you very much.I think you are commenting much withoiut just viewing this website,it is not blog by the first,by the second i have public and they are visiting my website sometimes...Look at the content by the first,and look at the features,eWeek is used for RSS and that is allowed.

Edited by TheDarkHacker (see edit history)

Here in Macedonia no one is writing all we are copying smile.gif I will try to make more content without copy-pasting,i see that people which are not from Macedonia aren't liking my website with copies.Thanks and i will try to do that,but i do not have some time,so if you can help me,thank you very much.

It's not that we like it or offensive but what i mean is advertisers will most likely to pick your site if your content is original. Do you think advertisers will pick such portals which is ripping off content ? if you make original content then chances are more that you'll get more traffic. Here is one suggestion from me, one thing that you can turn if favor. Just imagine that you write original content and promote it for Macedonia, as there is lack of original content you'll get more visitors. So this is one thing that you can turn in your favor, use original content to get your site ahead with original content. No doubt you'll require more time and dedication and more efforts with content but it will pay off in long run. You'll even get advertisers quickly that way.

I think you are commenting much withoiut just viewing this website,it is not blog by the first,by the second i have public and they are visiting my website sometimes...Look at the content by the first,and look at the features,eWeek is used for RSS and that is allowed.

It's hard to tell the difference these days as many portals are on CMS which are used for blogs. My bad for observation. But I did look at that site but eweek source content for feeds is visible for those who are active on internet. Those who fail to see this will not pay attention. Edited by mahesh2k (see edit history)

I wrote my third article without copying! Thanks people! I have some feeling now :) Like i own something important. Now i like when i read my article :o This is really good! Now i got feelings like my website was owned from others,and now it's mine.Thank you anwii,and mahesh2k.I didn't spend so much time to write it.If you can see,i written article about Facebook hacks.They are so bad and lots of accounts are hacked in Macedonia.I explained something about them,and i wrote few tips how to secure yourself.

Haha, I didn't realise that you were copying content from other sites there... Good work to Baniboy who found that out... :) I don't copy anything from other people blogs, so you shouldn't so that too... :D How would you feel if someone copied your work? I would feel very sad... and especially sad if it was from my blog, because all those ideas and the way I represented them are unique to me, and only me... :oThat's why I've been sleeping so late into the night every two days trying to post something online... :D It's not good for my health, but I at least am posting content from myself. There is no other copy of my work apart from the one on my laptop, unless someone copied THAT and then pasted onto their own website...Do not copy!!! Because they are copyrighted!!! :( :( :( So sad... so disappointed. You'll never learn the joys of writing your own content and having your own blog this way.. :DBut at least you're learning now.... B) Write you own content!!! IF you want your blog to be popular, that is what you should do, because people don't want to read pages from a person that doesn't use any effort but only copy and pastes.

I am starting with writing my articles.I have 4 owned to now.Yesterday or a day before your site wasn't working.I can see you restored it,or not? Your website is full now,everything is working you have some comments,visitors and people active on it.I can see it is hard to define which link is the read more link on your website and like starscream,i saw that your posts aren't short,they are cutted on your page.You have lots of comments and shouts on your site.I like the way you created your website and everything now looks super.Just a thing,do not put a link of your email,everyone (bots) can spam you.Lets hope bots and hackers will not visit your website and everything will go as it should be.Now i want to launch email system but i will need expensive hosting plan.So i will run it like now for now.My plan is to work and work on this website,and never stop from working on it.So i am earning some money for next year so i can renew my domain :)

We need more publishers.Everyone can join our team,and if he publish good content,and he publish more content,he will be payed.We have 3 places for publishers,for now.Be the first who will join our team with sending email to filip.arena@gmail.com If you want to be in some website's team,feel free to join.Do not understand this as some promotion,just as news,and for making this website better.

I'm currently trying to build a website, fix my linux installation and just handle vista. I can't really join your team(gonna put 70% of my computer activity developing my own site).Anyway, you shouldn't publish your email address just like that. You will get tons of spam. I would've published an image which contained the address instead. There are other ways to hide it as well, I remember reading about one on jlhaslip's site(http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/). You could try that out if you give your e-mail address away like this on your site, too.

I know i shouldn't,but i did that because that email is not private for me,and it is not the webmaster one.I have bilions of newsletters on that email so i don't care if i got 1 ton more :) If you saw,i didn't add my email on my website because that email will be spammed.

I'll see if i can contribute to your blog. I'll let you know if i get some time to create content. (*though lot of content pending for my own site). I'll see if i can post anything. Will definitely PM you if i get some content. In between write page on your CMS about guest posting. Some people from Macedonia will come and check so attract local authors as well in some ways.

Ahh nice,mahesh2k you remember that i live in Macedonia.You don't need to do something,i will find authors and i will do something.I tried to write a link on macedonian forum and some people are visiting it,but only few times.I need guests witch will bookmark or remember my site and don't stop from visiting it.That are real visitors,but i don't have them and i need some banner/link exchange because my website is the only one without banners and popups.And,i don't understand what you think,you mean i to make a option,so everyone can post articles,or what...?And everyone who wants to join in Casual Techie's team will need to have about 300 posts here,just to be sure that he's are serious member,and he will give me some content,just to check that he's good.Then i will create account for him,and he will be allowed to manage with my site.If he do bad things he will be banned,and my website will be restored from changes.In one sentence,you need to be good at writing.Remember anyone,i am paying for this and this is not a joke.If you want to donate content you can PM me,but if you want to enter in my team you will need to send a little info about you,and you will be "test" author.If you are not good at writing you will lose rights at my website.Just look at this website and if you want,join my team.

Edited by TheDarkHacker (see edit history)