xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kobra500

Why I'm Not Getting A Psp Go

I don't usually have a lot of money, I have an annoying habit of spending it all; the time however, has come around where I am into some money and It so happens I need something to listen to music, play video and keep me entertained, a few people may be shouting Iphone or Ipod touch and I am considering it but there was one thing I was considering the new psp go. The PSP go sounded great, sony had a chance to do something great with the psp but they didn't they failed spectacularly to deliver something I would consider buying and heres why.

Where's my second analog stick

What is the one major downfall of the psp for playing games, if you don't have a problem with one analog stick I don't know why, it is a portable gaming machine in the 21st century, 1 analog sticks games these days are hardly worth my time and a second analog stick would allow sooo much more. Maybe they wont because its not a new PSP but a condensed version of the old one.

Hasn't Changed a bit

I am all for the removal of the UMD slot and the fact they included built in flash memory but why the hell have they kept the years old hardware, have you tried the browser it's pathetic, the psp needs a hardware upgrade but they havn't bothered, it is terrible how poor it can be, in need the ability to actually browse the internet, watch flash video and all of that, I am severely dissapointed.

The psp go sounded great but it isn't innovation it's reinventing the wheel, and I'm not going to buy something that is essentially a 5 year old product. Sony has lost a sale.

I wasn't planning on upgrading anyways just because I already had a PSP but... Wow, no dual analog? That means games we already own won't be playable. No UMD slot? That means we can't even play the games we already bought?I think the whole thing is a terrible idea. It's like releasing a new PS3 and saying "If you purchased your game before November 1, 2009, they will be unplayable on this system. You must re-purchase any game you still wish to play."

The new PS3 now doesn't support PS2 games and now the PSP Go won't support older PSP games? Wow Sony sure has taken a wrong turn somewhere. I don't know how the fans are going to react to this :)

I've never seen the PSP go, so i must thank you for your review :)

The new PS3 now doesn't support PS2 games and now the PSP Go won't support older PSP games?

Wha? Are you the PS3 doesn't support PS2 games? That just went too far. are they forcing us, their consumers, to play their next-gen games? >.>

The first PS3 supported PS2 games and the newer ones (well as far as I know, all but the launch systems that were 60 GB's) don't. I don't understand why they would take *away* functionality when they already went through the work to embed it in the system.And it has nothing to do with the "phat vs. slim" model. This happened long before the slim model was released.

The origional psp doesn't have dual analogs and your UMD's are available for free download at sony's expense on PS store. but its not been upgraded at all it's pathetic, I can carve a better browser out of a rock than the PSP's I'm getting a touch.

The new PS3 now doesn't support PS2 games and now the PSP Go won't support older PSP games? Wow Sony sure has taken a wrong turn somewhere. I don't know how the fans are going to react to this :P

My PS3 actually has backwards compatability. Bought it off of eBay that included a Metal Gear Solid 4 bundle. Bought it back in 2008. I can play PS2 and PS games absolutely fine. I think they released a program you can download that will enable you to play PS2 games. I believe my built in backwards compatability had to do with it being the older model, and being an 80GB PS3.......

I bought a PSP way back in 2007 but I used it for about a year and then it was just left in dust since then. I'd suggest people getting an itouch or something rather than a PSP. The games on the PSP isn't all that great anyway

I just saw the new PSP Go. It looks really slick but the fact that it's a slide-up means that it'll have hardware problems in the future as that is the usual sickness of slide-up handheld mobile devices. Also, the fact that you can't play of your UMD games and are forced to make do with digital downloads is a big NO for me. But I would buy it just for the sake of collection