xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
The Simpleton

Suggestion For New "pinned" Thread

1) My myCENTS are not being updated

2) I'm getting a message saying "License Validation Failed" when I login to Xisto

I'm sure many of us have faced these problems in the past, and we know that they're usually solved really soon. But the new members, in all their innocence, start a new thread in the Q&Q forum every time they get one of these problems. This has lead to the Q&Q forum being cluttered with such threads every now and then. Frankly, it's boring to read and reply to such threads :) I could very well ignore them, but wouldn't it be better if we created a pinned thread explaining these problems (and any other, if spotted)? We could instruct all members not to create a new thread regarding these problems, unless they're the only ones facing the problem(s). (This can be verified from the shoutbox - many members say "me too" whenever we get a problem! :o) I think this could make the Q&Q forum a bit cleaner. What do you think?

Yes, we do need some of the FAQ/Pinned thread. But it can be pinned only by admins i guess. If moderators can ping it then we should start with the thread. There are many people asking some questions. One of moderator can open thread and let people ask the question then the first post thread should get updated regularly with answers to those question. I think that is the good way to go. We'll not be able to make it work if that thread goes above 15 replies. So let's ask question on shoutbox and post answers on this thread. This way many repeating & already answered question threads will be minimized.That's just suggestion from my side.FAQ thread will be good but opaque or buffalohelp should create thread cause other members and mods might lose their mycents if they periodically update first 2 posts of the thread. I'm not sure with this idea but let's see what others think about it.

Yes only if an admin creates the thread it would make a lot of impact and it won't affect them a lot to keep on editing the thread. I wonder why no one else has commented on this suggestion so far...Maybe they just prefer replying to the duplicate threads - they gain more myCENTs that way! :)

No, by replying to duplicate threads you don't risk for losing mycent with Editing. If you implement your own suggestion then unless admin back you. You'll lose many credits when you edit for the every answer you post in that thread. See the mycents are precious for us just like real $. So we don't risk it most of the time. I know that people even afraid of their posts for grammatical mistakes that includes me.So unless you get admin behind your idea there is no point in risking mycent. It's better to reply duplicate threads. I think if i get chance to write knowledge base section for Xisto - Support, then i'll add many things which are discussed here. That way many people from here and outside will refer to it and get answers. Ah, but it's opaque's call to let me work for xisto. :)

The mycents system has been under maitence a lot. They get counted just not update, Just post normally. Once they have done the maintence it will get update with all what you have earned. Trust me Nika or whatever on Xisto - Support told me on this. I am not sure on your license problem thing.

The mycents system has been under maitence a lot. They get counted just not update, Just post normally. Once they have done the maintence it will get update with all what you have earned. Trust me Nika or whatever on Xisto - Support told me on this. I am not sure on your license problem thing.

Hey Ash you completely missed the point here! I wasn't talking about the problems themselves but about creating a thread explaining about these problems!

I agree. We have the right to know what's going on here as a good, helpful and loyal member of Xisto! Admins (OpaQue and/or Buffalo) should make a thread about the issue's that take place so WE can be sure everything is in good hands. I'm not saying things are bad or anything, but we'd also like to know what or why error's or issue's occur. it may not be any of our business, but as a loyal and advanced member of the community of Trap, we need to know why we are getting issue's when we do. And what is wrong with the IPS Driver Error's etc. :)

Oh my god, So sorry The Simpleton I had a late night needed to post around and completely missed the topic. I do think that the Admins should keep us up to date posting a topic or even mods doing this as the admins say they are so busy....I agree once the Mycents system does stop there is about 10 topics in Xisto answers or whatever saying "Why I don't have mycents" I did put this in a ticket but no reply from them.

Oh my god, So sorry The Simpleton I had a late night needed to post around and completely missed the topic.

It happens...look I missed my own topic for a week! :)

I do think that the Admins should keep us up to date posting a topic or even mods doing this as the admins say they are so busy....I agree once the Mycents system does stop there is about 10 topics in Xisto answers or whatever saying "Why I don't have mycents" I did put this in a ticket but no reply from them.

I think instead of bothering about what will happen to our myCENTs when we edit the help threads, it would be better to just reply to the threads with the new information if there is any. That way there won't be any loss of myCENTs to anyone and the new members will get the info they need. As for the admins being busy, well that's natural - a member could create the thread (I could if given the green signal) and a mod/admin could pin it. A lot of members are ready to do it - just waiting for the word "GO"!