xisto Community
amyk

Orkut Like Website

hi friends m thinking of developing an orkut like website.. i m quite efficient in j2se,j2ee,java script.. actually m confused that sending and receiving scraps cannot be simply insert in retrieve from database! so, what protocol is used??plz friends help me with suggestions nd ideas......... :):(

Hiya amyk, so... I believe that you are here at Xisto with a purpose of creating a website that is similar to Google's Orkut?

Unfortunately, I am hopeless (unlike you) at j2se, j2ee, and javascript... and I don't even know what the former two are... but anyway, I'll leave that to the more expert members of this forum, and I will continue to learn these languages myself...

So, what are YOU doing here if you're not helping me with my orkut website?, you might ask... Well, I just thought that I might help you settle in into Xisto, as there aren't any replies for your thread yet... :) Anyway, even though I know that you are here for advice on making your Orkut site, I don't really know whether you understand that Xisto is both a free webhosting company as well as a free domain registrar. All you have to do though, is to post in return on Xisto... it's pretty easy!

All you have to do is to earn myCENTS from the posts that you make... Firstly, you quickly make at least 5 posts... And then you will have to register at Xisto Corporation's Support and Billing Centre CLIENT AREA here... now, make sure that you have put in the exact same email address when you registered at Xisto forums (here where I am typing now), and then you're done... Wait for a few hours you should be able to see your myCENTS pop out from under your name!!! Simple, right? I'm sure that you will be able to earn a month's hosting in one day, and maybe a top-level domain name in a week or so, depending on your posting frequency and length of posts... 200 myCENTS equal to two US dollars, and you will be able to see it in your Client area at Xisto Coporations' Support and Billing Centre...

Here are a few important links that you might need as well...
Xisto Read Me
Forum Rules
Credit System V3.0 Online
The Xisto Story

So, if you are interested in hosting your domain name AND your website at Xisto, then this is the best place to go!!! Good luck with everything!!! You'll have to ask someone else for the Orkut questions though, sorry. This isn't a field where I am good in... :( But I'm learning from this forum, and I hope you will too. :D

Welcome Amyk to Xisto. Thanks for you time in regisering to Xisto forums I am sure you will enjoy yourself here as much as I did when I was new here :).

I am sure you will get to understand things more once you stick around for a bit, We love fresh blood on this forum as we are all getting old and OAPS :(.

Now then I have provided important links below here to stop you getting a warn or ban, Forum rules ect..

Important Links:

Xisto Read Me

Forum Rules

Credit System V3.0 Online

The Xisto Story

Enjoy the forum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hey not to saybut for developing an orkut like website you dont need some java programmin
only a null script can do it
but you will not get the knowledge and experience of developing it

NULL script is not allowed to be hosted on xisto servers. It is one of the surest way to getting banned from xisto and in extreme cases you'll even get trouble from company whose product you're using as null script. Don't suggest people to warez,NULL script software. If they're smart enough they'll find out and as far as rules are concerned it is illegal. And can you tell me Orkut script is available as NULL ? Where on earth Google sell orkut script at first place that it is NULLed by some warez ?