xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Johnmck93

What Computer Do You Own?

Pc,Mac,Other?  

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Planning to go with AMD or Intel with the upgrade?

Don't know what to do. I mean i want to upgrade and buy good graphics card as well. Not sure which type of processor to choose. Perhaps i'll try AMD. I didn't heard about any good processor from either side. And i don't know what to do with this setup, maybe i'll give it to someone needy before upgrading.

I think we need thread for AMD vs Pentium suggestion. There will be huge debate so it's better to ask each one to give their experience. Then that will be a good thread.

Dear friends I own two PC's. One laptop (Brand is Accer) and the other is a Dual core Desktop. I am also having the first PC which I bought in my life. That is a celleron 500 with 256 RAM and a 10 GB hard disk and still I have not sold it off. As it is my first computer I can't get rid of the attachment I have with it.?

I have a PC. Ash-Bash says that my computer would hardly even run GTA IV...well he's wrong...totally wrong! :o My processor doesn't even MEET the recommended or minimum requirements to run GTA IV, nor does my RAM/System Memory. However, my GTA IV runs as smooth as anything!

My Specs are:

Manufacturer: Elonex PLC

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3200+, MMX, 3DNow, ~2.0GHz

Memory: 1152MB RAM

Hard Drive: 80 GB Total (Very *BLEEP*. Hopefully getting a USB External HDD, with 250/260GB. If not, then I'll get another Internal. :D)

Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8400GSSuper (And an NVIDIA GeForce 9800GT)

Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor

Sound Card: Realtek HD Audio output

Speakers/Headphones: Logitech X-230.

Keyboard: USB Human Interface Device

Mouse: USB Human Interface Device

Mouse Surface: Mouse Mat.

Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.090804-1435).

Motherboard: MSI/NVIDIA.

Computer Case: No case, just a standard normal PC case.

Many may think or so my computer is crap, but in theory, I don't care what they think. All that matters to me is, my computer runs perfectly fine. May not have the power for new generation games with GOOD Graphics and performance needed requirements, but it's enough to run GTA IV! :)

my computer is like 2-3years old now, when i bought it it was clear to buy Intel parts, they had a lot more to chose from,
running vista and have never really been interested in anything else, i have tried fedora and some stuff at school, quite interesting
but since i have been on windows all my life its hard to just change. specs:

Inter core 2 CPU 6600 2.40GHz2 gig ram memory
600 gig hard drive
22"
geforce 8600 GTS
some Realtek sound card

its time for a upgrade soon !

I'm using a Sony Vaio. Computer was made in 2004, but was bought refurbished, with the specs it has now.(except windows 7)

specs:

Processor: Intel? Pentium? 4 CPU 3.60 GHz

Memory: 2GB RAM

Hard Drive: 606 GB

Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 6600

Sound Card: HD Audio Device

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate