xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
TheDarkHacker

What You Feel For The Name Casual Tech?

Well,i remove techrone and junkie from my list,then.But are you English,do you know what is junkie really?Anyway,no one is voting for junkietech so i am removing from the list.So the best one is casualtechie.com really.It is a little long but it is trendy,cool domain name.I am gonna buy it if one person more vote for it.After few more posts some moderator should close this topic and i will start working on my new portal.I have few tests tomorow but i had learned all and i will learn half hour more.After that,i will go to Xisto - Support.com/billing and i will order what you think is the best.I need to take care really about the name and domain so that is why i needed help and i started shouting about this on shoutbox and i opened this topic.

Well,i remove techrone and junkie from my list,then.But are you English,do you know what is junkie really?

I'm not english but i'm familiar with the word usage. I know there are many ways on with which bloggers are using it. I said not to use that in view that if you plan to go with professional way in blog/site then such words don't look good with blog/site. Ofcourse, this is long term thinking and may not be right or right at this place.

Haha... sorry for my crappy suggestions... I guess non worked out too good in the end, did it? But anyway, I suppose you get the most satisfaction out of a name that you choose for yourself in the end anyway...For junkie... well, I just really don't know. I was presuming that it would hint that your blog is something like an old shed or an old garage with lots of tips and tricks hidden away there... but I really aren't sure of the meaning. But anyway... I guess that wasn't really on top of my list either... :) Good luck with your new domain name! I am looking forward to the construction of your site. :D I bet you're going to get it finished before I put up my first site online.... :( I'm just that slow. :D

Yeah go with casualtechie.com, 1 vote from me. It implies an informal place for computer techies to "hangout" its clear and simple. Regarding the questions you asked on the previous page _nameless, registering a business name and or logo isn't absolutely necessary (at least in most countries). Your right, really it comes down to how large you "anticipate" your business to become. Not just this, but particularly your judgement after conducting competitor analysis. For instance it appears that Tom's Hardware only has a copyright covering all content in their site. However "Anandtech.com" a similar site, does have U.S trademarks along with their copyright.You would search out all of your competitor's, get a ratio for who's doing what and make a decision based on that. Just to elaborate a little on business "size" subject i mentioned before. When you first set up your business you create a business plan which will state how large you believe your company "could" become. If you anticipate your business idea to be a huge multinational success, then you would consider certain milestones to guage off from and when you hit each milestone you add more protection to your business by upping that ante on what your doing with your trademarks.It kinda comes down to how ambitious and serious you plan to be. After considering that, you determine how far you will need to go, to protect your business. If you are targeting nationally then you wouldn't bother with an international set of trademarks. In Australia you can set "state" trademarks as well.Maybe I went a bit overboard with my first reply on this topic. But really you do need to have a little idea about this stuff even if starting small. Every advantage and protection you can offer your business should be considered, as only 80% of start up business's survive.

Hmm... for a content copyright on your blog or site... don't you just put a "Copyright © <first year of blog or site> - <current year>. All rights reserved" in your blog or site or something like that? Or did everyone really go to a patent registering office to get it done?What? Hmm... maybe I was wrong, but I'm still going to insert that under my site anyway. :)

No you'll be ok, your copyright can still be used and will adequately cover your particular site _nameless :) . Copyright is used for artistic works and written content (which a lot of content in web sites are classed as). Your right _nameless, there is a specific format the copyright comes in and you simply place it on your site, to be legally covered.But for logo's and business names, copyright doesn't sufficiently cover you. With logo's that are only covered by copyright; lets say if in the event you took someone to court for infringing your copyright, it will be your job to prove that you indeed had that logo before them and they directly copied from you (not an easy task at all).But if you register a trademark (depending on how much coverage you pay for) you are protected by your previous registration for your logo "on the books". The reason why articles and art works can be covered is you have much more grounds to say "they" copied it and this is mine. As with all "detailed" artistic creations, you kind of put a unique signature, or a unique way of doing things that is particular to you into your creation. It is here were you can provide evidence to your case that your work has been copied. Especially if such works have timestamps, etc.

Edited by inverse_bloom (see edit history)

I did my website,i bought casualtechie.com yesterday.Xisto didn't allowed my domain still,because status is "Pending".Anyway,my mycents are updated and i have 4$ now.Lets hope they will allow my domain,and i will wait day or two for DNS update.I will use only Copyright,i do not need Trademark.I did not start with creating a logo,but i will do that on friday...Now i have one test at school,and i don't have time to do it.Now i am slowing down a little with posting but still i am here and i am active.

No you'll be ok, your copyright can still be used and will adequately cover your particular site _nameless :( . Copyright is used for artistic works and written content (which a lot of content in web sites are classed as). Your right _nameless, there is a specific format the copyright comes in and you simply place it on your site, to be legally covered.

But for logo's and business names, copyright doesn't sufficiently cover you. With logo's that are only covered by copyright; lets say if in the event you took someone to court for infringing your copyright, it will be your job to prove that you indeed had that logo before them and they directly copied from you (not an easy task at all).

But if you register a trademark (depending on how much coverage you pay for) you are protected by your previous registration for your logo "on the books". The reason why articles and art works can be covered is you have much more grounds to say "they" copied it and this is mine. As with all "detailed" artistic creations, you kind of put a unique signature, or a unique way of doing things that is particular to you into your creation. It is here were you can provide evidence to your case that your work has been copied.

Especially if such works have timestamps, etc.

Ah... OK, I get the difference between "Trademark" and "Copyright" now. Hmm. Yeah, I was wondering, because I've got a few designs that I like and have too, on normal everyday objects and I was rather concerned about the fact that a random company might suddenly come across my site and take all my designs away.

I suppose certain photographs are alright and are easy to maintain as your own though, if it is design and small things. All you have to do is to put a piece of paper somewhere with your name or the website in BOLD like that and they won't be able to take it, because it is hard to edit a photo (though not impossible) with an actual object in it. And it will render that picture useless, though in normal photographs, I can't possible put a watermark on it... so.... I mean, if I put my name somewhere on a commercial building picture, they can just crop it, because I can't stick a big poster over a wall of a commercial building, right?

Oh well... it's not like anyone but certain people will go to my site anyway, but I just want to make sure. But thanks for the information though... :)

@The Dark Hacker: I'm glad you got started on your domain name. I'm looking forward to your site!!! :D