xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kawai

Hiya introduction

Hi everyone,

just joined trap and i have to say that this is quite interesting and i am really looking forward to learn to know people on this forum.

i kind of suck at introductions but ill give it a try, i am 19 and i'm from Sweden,i'm freezing and when i am done writing this i have to get up and jump around a bit to not freeze stuck .
I love drawing and art, thats one of the reasons i'm here , but thats a secret !

by the way can someone tell me how to register at https://support.xisto.com/ i don't quite get it

/kawai

welcome, kawai! (your name's kind of japanese in my mind...)i do hope that you will enjoy your stay here without being frozen, and make a hell of money :)i assume that you have read that myCents system explanation, what you must do is to make some great quality posts to earn those $_$but before that, you have to make your account in Xisto - Support billing with the same email as your email in this forum :(

Welcome kawai to Xisto. You are not the first to not understand the system in the way you earn money, I will try explaining how to system works briefly in this reply and also provide links later which will help you and explain in greater detail. So its Good your registered here, We love fresh blood :). Now the link your provided, Go to it and at the top right Click register Enter your chosen info BUT YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS MUST BE THE SAME AS YOUR Xisto ACCOUNT (HERE). Once you have done that you can start. Make sure you read the rules and help file if you get stuck etc. Start posting after 5 forum posts you Get some red font and earned at the side. Now every time you post that red will go up the Red numbers are cents once you have 100+ you get 1 dollar sent to your Xisto account where you can buy products and services for the web. The Quality your posts are the more you get this also includes length. Now You cannot keep using the return/enter button all the time to make it super long this will just be deleted and money gets taken away from you.

Be sure not to get warned either as this can stop you from Earning Cents/Mycents.

Now we will get onto the links, These links are very important for the forum you must:

Read the Read me, This includes help & How the Xisto empire all began.

The rules obviously needed for a forum such as this.

Credit System, Explains in great depth of what I have just been saying.

Xisto story, This you do not have to read though it is very interesting to know.

Important Links:

Xisto Read Me

Forum Rules

Credit System V3.0 Online

The Xisto Story

These links should explain everything though if you have any questions just post a reply here, Now enjoy this wonderful forum.

-Ash :(.

Edited by Ash-Bash (see edit history)

Hi Kawai, you like to draw? Thats great. Please dont be shy to share what you do with Trap 17, we love it. I like to draw but not so much for the sake of Art but more directive with constraints like illustration or design. Hope you have a good time.

Heya Kawai, I'm glad you searched up on information before you joined, just like me... :) Do you like art? I like art too!!! Especially oil painting and pencil sketching. But anyway... I don't really understand why that is a problem though. Anyway... you'll do good, I'm very sure. And I'm glad you've registered at Xisto - Support already. Good luck with everything!!!There's just one problem though. You're one post behind getting your account verified for spamming, so if you make that one more post (you need at least five posts), then you'll be able to earn myCENTS. Of course, not to mention the waiting of a few hours after you do your five posts... the process of getting your account through may take some time... :( But anyway. Nice to meet you, and I hope that you will have a good time here!!!

Thanks ash-bash for the walkthrough. Hi I am a newbie here at Xisto too. Maybe I should introduce myself first. haha. I'm an 18 y/o computer science student from Asia and I am trying to build my first website using this webhost. I browsed the forums a while ago and the topics are quite interesting for both geeks and non-geeks. But I have a question, how are the forum posts analyzed? ( e.g. who determines the MyCents value of the post )? Thank you and I'm looking forward to learning new things here. *My handle is called weberk for no reason at all.

haha i'm sorry its not much of a secret, i am going to try and open a doodle community.its kind of hard to explain but i read this server can host java, at least i hope it can. thanks everyone

Thanks ash-bash for the walkthrough. Hi I am a newbie here at Xisto too. Maybe I should introduce myself first. haha.
I'm an 18 y/o computer science student from Asia and I am trying to build my first website using this webhost. I browsed the forums a while ago and the topics are quite interesting for both geeks and non-geeks. But I have a question, how are the forum posts analyzed? ( e.g. who determines the MyCents value of the post )? Thank you and I'm looking forward to learning new things here.

*My handle is called weberk for no reason at all.

Haha, you should've created a new thread for yourself. If it wasn't for kawai's name I wouldn't have gone back into it to see if kawai had any more problems with Xisto... but anyway, Welcome too, weberk!

I'm sorry to say that your myCENTS haven't shown up yet. Have you registered at Xisto's Support and Billing Client Area yet? I'm sure you can find the link in the other into posts... but yeah. I'm a non-geeky person, but I'm trying to be a geeky person now, learning all about websites and stuff. :)

The forum posts are basically analyzed by the number of characters that you put in a post. Apparently they are also determined by the popularity of a thread (though I wouldn't count on that), the length of a post and the grammar of a post, though these aren't determined to be real, and I really doubt that. But basically, if you don't use text talk, then you have many more characters in your posts, and therefore you will earn more myCENTS!!!

But of course, don't SPAM or copy and paste from other websites... you can lose your myCENTS for that. And don't worry, it's pretty easy to earn myCENTS. I swear and I promise you.

haha i'm sorry its not much of a secret, i am going to try and open a doodle community.its kind of hard to explain but i read this server can host java, at least i hope it can. thanks everyone

A doodle community? What's that? I believe that this site CAN host java, though I read somewhere that IRC chats are not allowed, but I think that Shoutboxes are allowed to, and I think that it does the same trick, if not even better. But anyway, if you don't need an IRC chat box on your site then you're fine. :(

What's a doodle community again?

A doodle community? What's that? I believe that this site CAN host java, though I read somewhere that IRC chats are not allowed, but I think that Shoutboxes are allowed to, and I think that it does the same trick, if not even better. But anyway, if you don't need an IRC chat box on your site then you're fine. :)
What's a doodle community again?

if you go to Google and search for Paintchat, BAM

there you go, thats what i'm going to try and host, but i need to have access to java AND ssh =/ maybe you now if thats possible? or if anyone else know?
Would be very fun to host my own paintchat. i have done it before but only on my local computer and that does not work out to good =/

Ah... I see... so it is like a chat application with a drawing feature... Hmm. I don't know about that though. I am not sure if you are allowed to host an IRC chat on Xisto, I think I read somewhere that it isn't really allowed, but yes, I believe that it is possible to do it though, as long as you don't take up too much space on the servers. That's the only problem, I think... with it taking up too much space. Some moderator was talking about that some time ago... so. But I mean, Xisto allows warez sites and sites that contain adult content, so it really isn't much of an "illegal" content issue. It is more like a sever issue, so there you go. :) But yes, it is possible...Especially if you site is nothing but that, I believe that it is possible. If you have done it before on your local host webserver on your computer, then obviously it wouldn't turn out as well as it would if it was on a proper webserver, so I must say that you will have to give it a try first on a proper webserver before making up your mind... :( I agree that it would be very fun, but these kind of sites require lots of traffic for it to work, enough for a number of people online on your site at a particular time, but you can also make it rather private and get all your real life friends to join in as well...Good luck! I'll say, I'm actually rather looking forward to your projects. Keep us up on your progress!!!

i have read some guides and its mighty troublesome to get it working on a web server, since i have to execute a application on the server.i'm not sure what u mean with it taking a lot of traffic? its just drawing thats stored like every 12 or 24 hours then u clean the chat logs and drawing log then you start over,could you maybe explain some more about the traffic?

i have read some guides and its mighty troublesome to get it working on a web server, since i have to execute a application on the server.
i'm not sure what u mean with it taking a lot of traffic? its just drawing thats stored like every 12 or 24 hours then u clean the chat logs and drawing log then you start over,

could you maybe explain some more about the traffic?

I'm not saying it takes alot of traffic. It just needs traffic to run... so, I mean, as a chat application, it would be rather boring if only you were on it, right? Unlike miniclip, you can't "chat" to you computer in your paintchat application that you are going to make. So you will need real people on it to chat. A chat application only works if people are online using it and chatting to each other.

TO do so, you will have to get some traffic. It is like traffic lights in a normal road system. You need cars for a traffic light to properly function, because without cars, there won't be any use for it. SImilarly, you will need people, or visitors to your site, and they have to stay at your site for some period of time, hopefully chatting there for a while before moving on to another site again. To do this, you will have to promote your site. Unless you are hoping that people will come to your site by themselves, you will have to promote it yourself. You should want your site to be popular enough that there is at least three people at on time online at your site in a day. Because one person online in a chat application will quickly go away if there is no one on it to talk to them, and if one person goes in a two person conversation, the other person will most likely go too.

Of course, this wouldn't matter if you just want to use it with your real life friends, but to be a proper website, i would recommend you to show it to the online population and get it known as well as you can make it known... so traffic is the visitors and people that get to your site, in short.

I'm not saying it takes alot of traffic. It just needs traffic to run... so, I mean, as a chat application, it would be rather boring if only you were on it, right? Unlike miniclip, you can't "chat" to you computer in your paintchat application that you are going to make. So you will need real people on it to chat. A chat application only works if people are online using it and chatting to each other.
TO do so, you will have to get some traffic. It is like traffic lights in a normal road system. You need cars for a traffic light to properly function, because without cars, there won't be any use for it. SImilarly, you will need people, or visitors to your site, and they have to stay at your site for some period of time, hopefully chatting there for a while before moving on to another site again. To do this, you will have to promote your site. Unless you are hoping that people will come to your site by themselves, you will have to promote it yourself. You should want your site to be popular enough that there is at least three people at on time online at your site in a day. Because one person online in a chat application will quickly go away if there is no one on it to talk to them, and if one person goes in a two person conversation, the other person will most likely go too.

Of course, this wouldn't matter if you just want to use it with your real life friends, but to be a proper website, i would recommend you to show it to the online population and get it known as well as you can make it known... so traffic is the visitors and people that get to your site, in short.

i see what u mean now, i though u meant traffic as in a lot of traffic and that it would mean trouble, getting people to join and draw with me is not very hard, there is not many good active paintchats out there,
what you have to do is get a few to join then more will join up automatically, ill have a forum etc with events for fun, I've been drawing in paintchats for years so i know a lot of people that would move over to my paintchat ^^

and by the way ! i searched the forum and found out how to get ssh working, i am getting the feeling this might actually work out for me, happy~