xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
FruitRocks

What Kinds Of Files Are Allowed?

On Xisto's servers, am I allowed to make a "private_ftp" folder which contains backups of my documents, etc.? As for video, if I own the movie and I want to stream it from my computer (no download link will be provided), is that considered illegal? What types of things are not allowed in general on Xisto's servers?

On Xisto's servers, am I allowed to make a "private_ftp" folder which contains backups of my documents, etc.? As for video, if I own the movie and I want to stream it from my computer (no download link will be provided), is that considered illegal? What types of things are not allowed in general on Xisto's servers?

As long as everything you upload is yours then you should be alright. Are you going to be doing this on a shared account? I would suggest possibly getting a VPS if you have a lot of these files.

Oh the streaming files are not allowed in the logic plan. I tried to make a website that use streaming but they tell me that this is not possible now. But the support team told me that if you get the Dedicated Server plan when you get unlimited bandwith and unlimited webspace you can do whatever you want. And I want to open a linksharing site when the members post files hosted on Rapidshare, Megaupload, Depositfiles and other and yes that is allowed. I get surprised but it is true. So if you wanted to have your own linksharing site it?s possible with Xisto. So maybe you have to get the "Dedicated Server" Plan but it is $12.00 a month so you will have to post a lot to get it and maintain it. But every work is good for the men ok.So keep posting and remember the streaming is not allowed but the linksharing is allowed.

If i'm not wrong then you're not allowed to post warez stuff, links and content on your blogs. As well as host such stuff on your hosting account. There is file upload limit as per cpanel upload limit. FTP limit i'm not aware of. It much be 25 mb or something. Have to confirm with support. Also NULL scripts are not allowed in genuine hosting services. I can say that it is not allowed here as well. So if you managed to download the themes which are nulled or forum/blog software which is nulled by warez group. Then you're not allowed to host or use it on your hosting account. For streaming legal content, you've to first buy ffmpeg plan (which i doubt is available with xisto). You can make streaming server for legal content using VPS or dedicated plan. Oh and ideal plan which costs 12$ per month is also suitable for this. Just ask for help on how to do ffmpeg server of your VPS/Dedicated account on xisto. IMO, if you plan to host phpmotion based website then it is possible to do it. But have to ask support before proceeding to such projects seriously on xisto servers.