xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

people cant connect to my dedicated css server How To Make Your Own Counter Strike Source Dedicated Server!

people cant connect to my dedicated css serverHow To Make Your Own Counter Strike Source Dedicated Server!

greetings, I'll try to make this short.

hardware: cooled dual quad running 3.03ghz,6g ram, dual 10k rpmĀ linked harddrive.

speedstream 4100 direct 6mbps dsl modem - no router.

vista op sys.

ip 192.168.1.64:27015

I can login and run server, no one from steam can login or see it. I join using css client on the same computer.( it can easily handle it)

do I forward my port and if so, how.

thx in advance.

-Question by william

Many of my freinds who also host servers on Gmod, Css, and HL2 DM also have this problem. If what Kool says doesnt work, I suggest getting people to join through console. You get your servers IP address and type "connect (IP address)" in it and it will connect you. But I suggest trying Kool's method first.

The IP address posted by the OP is their local one (hence the 192). To get outsiders to connect you have to supply your WAN, not your LAN IP.You can get the WAN IP by searching for "what is my ip" on Google.

First, check your WAN IP Address. I hope your ISP provided you with a Static IP Address, otherwise you have to set up DynDNS. koolazngy94 is right. Base on the IP Address you provided, you're behind a router. The router's firewall may block the port being used by CSS (port 27015). Before you can activate port forwarding, you need to assign a static IP Address on your server. The final network set up should look like this. CSS Server (Static LAN IP)------------->Router(Forwarded 27015) WAN IP-----------------Internet--------------PlayersMake sure that you provide the correct WAN IP Address to the players. You can ask your ISP for your WAN IP or check it by visiting https://www.whatismyip.com/. *For most cases, ISPs provide their customer with Dynamic WAN IP Address. This means that your WAN IP Address changes after, say, 24 hours. For such cases, disconnect may occur during the change of IP Address and you will have to provide the new IP Address to your player everytime it changes. You have 2 options, you can either apply for a Static IP Address from your ISP or try signing up for services like DynDNS.org.