xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Echo_of_thunder

Ftp Question Need help b4 I buy

I am thinking of buying a weather radar program called GRLevel-3 On this program you can upload PNG and JPG of the radar onto your site using FTP I really feel as this would help my site and also be appealing to other weather lovers like myself.Questions are 1 How would I set this up, never used any FTP other than the upload from my Cpanel2Bandwith, Being it would auto upload when showing a weather event would that bring up my bandwidth or not?Just curious to know if this can be done.ThanksJohn

I think those would be questions better suited to the program creators... There are just too many factors for us who have not used it to know how it works.In terms of the FTP I think I can answer that though. It should give the IP and a username/pass to set it up. Auto uploads though? No idea about that one.

The auto uploads will be extremely difficult unless of course you mean that the program itself is what you install on your computer, and it will gather weather reports in the form of images and then automatically upload them to a specified area of your website via ftp. In which case it would be fairly easy. You might want to wait for a mod or admin to confirm that the firewalls on the servers wont think it is suspicious and block you by accident and double check that the program uses the default FTP port of 25 and default FTP protocol, not some weird propriety stuff.As for BW i think it will add up to your bandwidth, but how big are these images do you know? (in filesize preferably, perhaps there is a site that you have seen using it that we can look at?) it also depends how often it gets uppdated, one or two images an hour isnt *too* bad but every 10 minutes is really going to eat into your bandwidth.

First Download FileZilla ClientCreate A FTP Account At Youre Cpanel Then Go To Filezilla Type The Host Of Youre FTP Like ftp:mywebsite.com Then The User Name Pasword And Port No Port LEAVE IT BLANK THEN UPLOAD THE FILES