xisto Community
damoon

Good Photo Editor

Paint.NET and GIMP are the ones you should use if you're low on money and want to get tasks done quickly. Paint.net is similar to MS paint but much powerful and supports more file formats than any. Iranview is cool image program but it's no longer needed because most of the images are easy to view using default windows image viewer.

You can use GIMP but if you are looking for an even smaller photo editer, then you can use GIMP portable. I find it easy to use and GIMP portable is almost the same exact thing as the original. The size is just smaller and can fit on your flashdrive on the go.

Iranview is cool image program but it's no longer needed because most of the images are easy to view using default windows image viewer.

Well, I disagree, even though I don't use it to view only pictures, I usually use it for simple operations with images, it's very fast and convenient way, you don't need to open GIMP or Paint.NET or something else to do a simple task with an image, like paste a print screen in it, cut the needed part of it, autocrop borders, scale and save.

Also, it can Capture a screen and make a screenshot in different ways, which sometimes is good rather than using print screen button for all the screen. You can make other simple operations, like inserting a text into image and etc. For me it's much more convenient than waiting for GIMP to load, as it usually takes a while and irfan view starts in less than 1 second. :)

Even though for viewing photos/pictures default Microsoft image viewer is better, due to how it displays the image, a bit differently than the original image, they differ if you open it in IrfanView and view it through default image viewer.

I agree that vista and Windows 7 have image viewers which are bit buggy and crash while showing some formats. But XP's default was best it used to show only image formats. Now a days windows 7 tries to pick even video formats and there is starts to crash. I don't think irfanview is better (just personal choice) because i prefer screencaptor for most of the operation that you mentioned in earlier reply. That software not only helps while screen capture but has lot of tools with which you can play with.

Agreed, I find it really annoying that the default image viewer for windows vista/7 tries to show not only images, but other formats too, including video, which I usually want to skip when viewing photos in a folder from lets say a photo camera which also can record video, it's not even usually able to open those, but still tries.Well, of course there can be different tools for that, but as I am used to Irfanview for such simple operations for over 8 years now I guess, it suits me fine. :)Never used screencaptor though, maybe will need to try it.

as i have no memory or cpu problem i always use adobe photoshop. it's just very easy to use and the number of plugins , brushes , effects , vectors are just unlimited.I have tested the gimp but i find it's gui is very bad and it's not as friendly as adobe photoshop. but if you are using linux and you don't want to use wine to run the photoshop you have no choice but the gimp. in earlier years (like 2003 and before) i always used fireworks which was a great photo editor for my jobs. it was for macromedia till the adobe bought it and the improvement process is very low in it so in 2006 i changed to adobe photoshop.

Adobe photoshop costs money and GIMP is not worth the trouble if you are into this professionally. Occasional editing and work editing is different so in such case it's better to pay money. I found paint.net to be better as it is free and will do most of the tasks like OP wanted. For more advanced operation i think there needs to be other editor.

Adobe photoshop costs money and GIMP is not worth the trouble if you are into this professionally. Occasional editing and work editing is different so in such case it's better to pay money.
I found paint.net to be better as it is free and will do most of the tasks like OP wanted. For more advanced operation i think there needs to be other editor.

adobe photoshop costs a lot of money, i agree on that. but, if you have only a few photos to edit, i mean they are not your profession or a something you should do a lot. you can always download a trial version of adobe photoshop from the official website and use it for a couple of months or about. if it is your profession or something you have to do a lot, well, i think then you should buy adobe photoshop. with no regrets :).

Photoshop express is free so yes we can use photoshop for some features. But just for things that OP wants to do with, i guess buying photoshop or even wasting time learning GIMP is not the way to go. Just my opinion but i do think if people have no budget then they can use cloud softwares like photoshop express, aviary or simple softwares like paint.net instead even downloading demo version.

Dear friend I am using photoshop for editing my images but it does not fit in your suggested size bar that is 1mb ? 11mb. That?s why what I think is you should go for some online editors which will not occupy any space on your pc and your need to edit images will also be fulfilled.

Here's a good tool you can use without installing any software. It runs directly from your browser and it's packed with some good features.

It's called Photo Online Editor and can be found HERE

You mentioned low disk space? Well this should suit your needs because it requires no installation. Or did you mean the final file size of the image?
Either way it's a great tool. And it's free!

If you don't want to use Microsoft Paint or (in mac) iPhoto, I'll definitely go for GIMP.Or Photoshop.com is fine if you want an online lite version of Photoshop =]It's really up to you.