xisto Community
phpphp

Google Vs Facebook different translation methods

yes you are right, you can't even compare. Google products seem to be fantastic. I've recently changed to Google Chrome. it is a great browser, very simple and never get blocked, such IE and firefox.

yes you are right, you can't even compare. Google products seem to be fantastic. I've recently changed to Google Chrome. it is a great browser, very simple and never get blocked, such IE and firefox.

Hmmm how can Firefox get blocked? If you think about firewall it is not possible Firefox to be blocked and Chrome not to be blocked.Google Chrome is very new and it isn't that much modern like Firefox and Google should work on it,before publishing it.It doesn't support RSS feeds,may i am wrong but i never saw toolbars on Chrome,and i never saw add-ons for Chrome.There are options about HTML but there are few errors.From me they will get plus for the interesting secret in about:internets :P Edited by TheDarkHacker (see edit history)

Right now, it seems that human translation is better than a robot doing it. The translation ends up better, but it takes a ton longer. As computerized translation gets better, I'm guessing it'll take over, though.

I'm using Chrome too! I still have Firefox installed because it has awesome addons, but as soon as Chrome's extensions start getting developed, I'm leaving firefox for good!

Right now, it seems that human translation is better than a robot doing it. The translation ends up better, but it takes a ton longer. As computerized translation gets better, I'm guessing it'll take over, though.

I'm using Chrome too! I still have Firefox installed because it has awesome addons, but as soon as Chrome's extensions start getting developed, I'm leaving firefox for good!

Computerized translation is terrible. I would use it for my old French class and always would end up screwing the translations up and getting points deducted from my work. It was terrible. I know some sites do human translation for like $40 dollars, but it was ultimatley not worth it and it was actually much more worth it to just go ahead and learn the French language then relying upon unreliable sources of computerized translators and such,

I think facebook will win. Only because I have read some french to english, vice versa and it was wrong with errors. Maybe facebook will take their time, but they'll understand what is being asked, unlike a computer.. it still has bugs that need to be worked out. Google should invest in human translators too..

I like google for translating. It can help me automatically. I also like facebook and have got some help from it. But it deponds on human helps. so sometimes I need an urgent help, it would not work as well as what google does.

Hmm, buzz is going well with social media people and facebook is getting down with their privacy policies. Showing profiles to search engine results is something turned many people off and now they're planning to take down their facebook account. in comparison to google buzz which is only allowing buzz within group of email contacts. Buzz is more safer than facebook as you don't get your buzz into search results. and that saves a lot of headache. recently many bloggers, removed their friends from facebook and only kept few on their account. this is due to privacy issue of facebook. so i think if google makes any changes to privacy controls and shows it or lets any anonymous search for people then it'll be as useless as facebook in terms of privacy in social network. too early to say anything about facebook vs buzz. Translator on google is much better than translator apps on facebook. bablefish app is there on FB, don't know how many people use it for that.

I think that facebook can win this war with this practice using humans. The robots are great the problem is sometimes your results are not exact. This is a problem that I personally have with the google translator tool. I have not tested the Facebook translator tool. But very soon when I have a need I wll test it. Maybe google have to change the results to back better results because all the results in spanish that is my official language have a lot of errors and one of the easiers works like firewall are returned in english.Go Facebook maybe this is one of the best ideas in these days.

I always find google translations to be incorrect a lot. I have never tried facebook to compare, but I'm pretty sure it would beat it for the accuracy and such.There are no use for incorrect translations.