xisto Community
mahesh2k

Multiple Domains And Logic Plan

I?m in process of purchasing few domains for myself. These domains i want to host with my logic plan. Is it possible to host multiple domains on logic plan? I mean in single cpanel i want to work with multiple installations of CMS for those domains. I don?t know if this is possible or not. Besides that what will be the URL in cpanel for those domains? is this like add-on domain for existing cpanel-domain ? What is the procedure to work with "multiple-domains in single hosting plan" in this case?

If you want each domain to lead to a different CMS and different data/html pages, then use the Add-on Domain to have each domain pointing to a different sub-domain of your Hosting account.Parking a Domain will point it to your Domain Root files.

I didn't get you. I don't want to work with subdomains. I'm using TLD. So i have to park them or to use add-on feature in this case ? I'm just confused here.

When you "Add-on" a Domain name, a "sub-domain" is created on your Hosting account. It is invisible to the user. They continue to see the TLD in their Browser address.

As long as you install it on the domain's directory, the CMS will be on the domain. When you make an addon domain it creates a directory in the public_html folder for your domain. (ex public_html/yoursite.com)I have 2 addon domains and both show the real domain, not the subdomain of Xisto.

TDO is right.Keep in mind also that they will share the monthly bandwidth and whatnot. You were saying multiple CMS's for each domain. You are still only able to do a total of 5 (spanned across all the domains) without upgrading your hosting package.

You can have as many CMS' that will fit, as long as they don't use the same DB prefix.

This is true but I prefer to let everything have its own database. It helps keep everything clean and organized. Like with forums/CMS I would use two databases instead of one.

I guess if you did want to merge everything into one DB that would work though..

Wouldn't more calls to the same DB cause more lag while searching it? Or are all the DB's hosted together anyways so whether you use one or two they can still only hold X users at a time total?

Thanks for help guys. @rpgsearcherz, i know it'll take some mysql db, diskspace and bw. But buying new hosting for each domain is painful as you've earn more mycents for each domain & hosting plan. @Thedisturbedone, you said it used TLD for URL linking. so it is just used for ("public_html/domain for it's own convenience on cpanel) and not to browser and URL linking on it, right ?

well i suggest you use different host because they will be sharing for bandwidth which determines how much visitors can come and the actions they can do.. well it's better to do different hosting in different host...because maybe you would encounter a database error because they have the same prefix.. well you can modify it if you want :Pbut be careful in any modifications you will do