xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
room2593

Dreaming In Sequels

Has this ever happened to you? While you're dreaming, you remember a previous dream that led to the point you're at?I dream in sequels all the time. I have massive continuing storylines going in my subconcious. Sometimes there's a bit of a recap at the beginning of the episode, and then it will launch into the next step of the dream. Sometimes I have a rehash of a dream I had before, but everything is amped up and more exciting.Please tell me this doesn't happen to me alone. I don't want to be the only one on the planet with sequel dreams. That would just be too weird.

Yeah. We sometimes do dream in sequels. Few years back, i used to play age of mythology a lot before getting to sleep. After few days i used to get dreams about levels in age of mythology. and i used to be part in that. I used to kill plenty of enemies. and somehow got kicked out of dream many times. Dreams are all that what our sub-conscious mind wants. So it is possible to have multiple parts of dreams.

I don't remember dreaming in sequels ever but I have continued dreaming the same dream after some interruption has taken place.Like I am sleeping and having dream and somebody comes and knocks on my room door( I live in a college hostel room) and asks for my bike's key or something else. Now after this interruption, I again go to sleep and I can continue with my dream again. This doesn't happen always but, I remember it happening for quite a number of times.Does this happen to anyone else??

I don't necessarily get sequels, but i do get those rehash dreams you talk about (even if they occur years after the "original"), although i can't necessarily say that they were better or more exciting than the "original." These remakes tend to be farfetched and less realistic than the previous, but these "remakes" don't necessarily start from the same place that the previous ones started at. They seem to pick some place in the middle, perhaps cut out a few "scenes" and then extend the "ending" a bit. The interesting part is that i might get a nostalgic feeling in the dream as if i know or realize that i'm seeing something from the past.

See, that's weird. Not everyone dreams in sequels. I get these big budget productions and stuff, too. It's pretty amazing. I have recurring characters that don't exist in real life and awesome chase sequences that scare the crap out of me.Then, of course, I get the "I forgot my pants" dreams and the "I have to run to class because I'm late" dreams which annoy the crap out of me because I want to get back to the action.The sequels don't happen too often, but when they do, they're awesome. I always feel like "YES! I get to continue!" from within the dream.It really makes me feel sad for people like my dad, who never ever remembers his dreams.Anyway, I'm glad I'm fairly normal.@munna.raghavThat's cool. I always loose the thread of the dream if I wake up. I kind of wish I had that dream-superpower, too.

My story started about 4 years ago,, after the death of my Grandmother. She was the closest person I had ever lost, and at that time the most important person in my life. Shortly after her death, I began dreaming of her. From that point, until today, I live in a different world when I go to bed. Everytime I lay down and fall asleep, I dream of a tremendously vivd, and very real world. This world includes Grandmothers death being a mistake, and many many other things that are simple day to day knowledge... No matter what the dream is about, it always takes place in this other world of mine. Im back in high school, both of my Grandmothers (that are dead now) are living and in my life everyday. I can minipulate the outcomes of the dream, even to the point of being able to force myself to dream what I want to. Its like going to the movie of your choice... ???

Yes, I think I also dream in sequels, I remember some dreams where I was in action and I also remember dreaming after a year or more the same dream, but continued further :D So it really can happen, but I don't really think about it or care to much if it's a sequel, it's just interesting as I don't remember a lot of my dreams, because I start to think about other things once I wake up :DIn addition, I usually have repeating dreams, which is also funny as if you understand it, you can act a little bit differently, but that also happens quite rarely. :)