xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
akira550

Just Started My Hosting Account

wow great service and great server! i just order and in 1minute i got my cpanel and my site is running great..! the bad thing is in the fantastico deluxe the wordpress version there is 2.5 something but the ftp is fast that's why i download the new version of wordpress and upload thru ftp..is it your server is fast? or my connection is fast? that's why im experiencing this fast file transfer? anyway just a little suggestion please update the version of the wordpress in the fantastico deluxe thanks a lot :lol:

wow great service and great server! i just order and in 1minute i got my cpanel and my site is running great..! the bad thing is in the fantastico deluxe the wordpress version there is 2.5 something but the ftp is fast that's why i download the new version of wordpress and upload thru ftp..is it your server is fast? or my connection is fast? that's why im experiencing this fast file transfer?
anyway just a little suggestion please update the version of the wordpress in the fantastico deluxe thanks a lot :lol:

Woohoo!!! Nice... glad to see that you've purchased your site already... I still haven't. You're faster than me!!!
I'm still thinking of a good domain though... I personally thing it's very important to the future of the site :-/ But anyway... Great work though!!!

Can't wait to see how it will turn out like..... :P And you're pretty active too. Told you you'll earn the 2USD in no time... :(

Woohoo!!! Nice... glad to see that you've purchased your site already... I still haven't. You're faster than me!!!I'm still thinking of a good domain though... I personally thing it's very important to the future of the site :-/ But anyway... Great work though!!!

Can't wait to see how it will turn out like..... :lol: And you're pretty active too. Told you you'll earn the 2USD in no time... :P

i just wasted my first 2usd ahaha i used .co.cc domain i want to practice myself until i make it great i am testing what plugin should i have.. anyway i will save more i will just test it for one month and let it expired and order a .net domain and a extreme package. as i told you.. i am just a beginner aha before i will start blogging i want to practice wordpress first hmm i had some bugs now changing the permalinks do you now where i can find the .htaccess file on wordpress? because it keep saying that i need to edit that in order for me to change my permalink into

/%postname%/

that SEO technique is great a big point i think

i just wasted my first 2usd ahaha i used .co.cc domain i want to practice myself until i make it great i am testing what plugin should i have.. anyway i will save more i will just test it for one month and let it expired and order a .net domain and a extreme package. as i told you.. i am just a beginner aha before i will start blogging i want to practice wordpress first hmm i had some bugs now changing the permalinks do you now where i can find the .htaccess file on wordpress? because it keep saying that i need to edit that in order for me to change my permalink into that SEO technique is great a big point i think

Yes... just a thought, akira550... you might actually want to set up a local webserver on your computer and test out your blog first before you put it online on the internet though, like what I have done. For me, I use a "MAMP", it took me ages to set it up, around a week, I suppose, but that is only because I used the wrong programs and it didn't install properly.

A local webserver is like a proper webserver with unlimited space (well, as much space as there is on your computer), and like it is similar to Xisto, actually, just the same, and you can host your own websites, but it will not be available to anyone on the internet online but only for the people that use your computer and find the files and know how to set it up.

There are, as far as I'm concerned... three main local webservers... Xampp, WAMP, and MAMP. I have tried downloading all three on them, though only MAMP worked... I spent like a few days searching up the best local webserver, tried downloading Xampp (it worked), but I could install it properly because there were files missing in the download, then downloaded WAMP, except that it was in an .exe format, meaning that it was only for Windows, so I tried MAMP and after one attempt I have successfully installed MAMP, and then three or four unsuccessful attempts I have finally installed Wordpress onto the local webserver successfully... but that wasn't me, it was only the tutorials that I was following... and it worked.

And now I can test my Wordpress blogs without even having to use a proper webserver like Xisto at all and waste my credits. It's really cool and quite useful, I reckon... I like it a lot... You can experiment there, and if you stuff things up you can just reset your webserver or throw the Wordpress folder away and create a new one, configure everything (takes less than a few minutes, it's really simple), and get started again!!!

(though you might want to copy your template files, of course... :lol:)

It feels great explaining things to someone and not asking for explainations for the first time ever... :P Though I'm not sure if you know all this already... Oh well, at least I feel good knowing how to do SOMETHING... mainly thanks to mahesh2k, TheDisturbedOne and other mods and people.

But I'm sorry, I don't know how to change the .htsaccess file on Wordpress on a proper webserver. The files just in my (on my) computer on my local webserver folder, so it's easier for me. Maybe you might want to work on it on a local webserver and then upload it onto the Xisto webserver? Just a random thought and my two cents worth.

And I'm sorry for the second time, I don't know what permalinks are, but if it has stuff to do with SEO then I'm extremely interested... in what other proffessional people have to say on this matter...

You may need to actually add the .htaccess file yourself. Add it to the Account root folder and the " . " is supposed to be there in the file name.For more recent versions of the Wordpress software, try using the Softaculous package. They supply version 2.7.1 of Wordpress. Find Softaculous in the Cpanel section where Fantastico is found. The two packages are similar. Both are auto-installers, but softaculous is newer and they seem to maintain more recent versioning.

Yes... just a thought, akira550... you might actually want to set up a local webserver on your computer and test out your blog first before you put it online on the internet though, like what I have done. For me, I use a "MAMP", it took me ages to set it up, around a week, I suppose, but that is only because I used the wrong programs and it didn't install properly.
A local webserver is like a proper webserver with unlimited space (well, as much space as there is on your computer), and like it is similar to Xisto, actually, just the same, and you can host your own websites, but it will not be available to anyone on the internet online but only for the people that use your computer and find the files and know how to set it up.

There are, as far as I'm concerned... three main local webservers... Xampp, WAMP, and MAMP. I have tried downloading all three on them, though only MAMP worked... I spent like a few days searching up the best local webserver, tried downloading Xampp (it worked), but I could install it properly because there were files missing in the download, then downloaded WAMP, except that it was in an .exe format, meaning that it was only for Windows, so I tried MAMP and after one attempt I have successfully installed MAMP, and then three or four unsuccessful attempts I have finally installed Wordpress onto the local webserver successfully... but that wasn't me, it was only the tutorials that I was following... and it worked.

And now I can test my Wordpress blogs without even having to use a proper webserver like Xisto at all and waste my credits. It's really cool and quite useful, I reckon... I like it a lot... You can experiment there, and if you stuff things up you can just reset your webserver or throw the Wordpress folder away and create a new one, configure everything (takes less than a few minutes, it's really simple), and get started again!!!

(though you might want to copy your template files, of course... :lol: )

It feels great explaining things to someone and not asking for explainations for the first time ever... :P Though I'm not sure if you know all this already... Oh well, at least I feel good knowing how to do SOMETHING... mainly thanks to mahesh2k, TheDisturbedOne and other mods and people.

But I'm sorry, I don't know how to change the .htsaccess file on Wordpress on a proper webserver. The files just in my (on my) computer on my local webserver folder, so it's easier for me. Maybe you might want to work on it on a local webserver and then upload it onto the Xisto webserver? Just a random thought and my two cents worth.

And I'm sorry for the second time, I don't know what permalinks are, but if it has stuff to do with SEO then I'm extremely interested... in what other proffessional people have to say on this matter...

yeah i do that already when i hosted a flyff private server i used xamp and navicat for my database.. anyway you can make it online by means of port forwarding.. for a beginner like me it took me time to learn the right way of port forwarding it is a risk to try because sometimes your internet connection will gone..
i search in google for the right tutorial in port forwarding in EDIMAX if i am not mistaken the port of a website is 80 isn't it?

You may need to actually add the .htaccess file yourself. Add it to the Account root folder and the " . " is supposed to be there in the file name.

For more recent versions of the Wordpress software, try using the Softaculous package. They supply version 2.7.1 of Wordpress.
Find Softaculous in the Cpanel section where Fantastico is found. The two packages are similar. Both are auto-installers, but softaculous is newer and they seem to maintain more recent versioning.

wow thanks for the support i will try that because i tried the wp 2.7 already and i think it has a .htaccess already because when i am using 2.7 i am free to change my permalink without errors do you know a way on how to make a .htaccess file? because i am just a beginner.

anyway if 2.8 keeps an error i will re-setup it and use the wp version 2.7 for me to change the permalink and have a google friendly wordpress

wow great service and great server! i just order and in 1minute i got my cpanel and my site is running great..! the bad thing is in the fantastico deluxe the wordpress version there is 2.5 something but the ftp is fast that's why i download the new version of wordpress and upload thru ftp..is it your server is fast? or my connection is fast? that's why im experiencing this fast file transfer?
anyway just a little suggestion please update the version of the wordpress in the fantastico deluxe thanks a lot :P

I'm not sure if CH can just update the wordpress version, the people who make fantastico delux need to work on that. And yes, the speeds of Xisto - Web Hosting are extremely fast. I was surprised by that as well when I first started to get hosted by them. Happy hosting :P

Fantastico on cpanel isn't updating.It is not keeping up with updates. There are two ways you can stay updated. First is to install wordpress from fantastico then install wordpress-automattic-update plugin and then update to recent version. You can even use core-update feature from wordpress itself.Another way is to install wordpress from softaculous. Softaculous have updated version of scripts.