xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ownd

Suspended For Php Use

Im sure this is some sort of urban myth. No school would suspend a student without first questioning him. All it would take is a little bit of explaining for them leave him alone, not that the teachers would understant thought.

This really doesn't sound like a news story at all:

Interviews with students suggested that PHP use is wide spread around the school, but is particularly concentrated in the geeky nerd population.

A real news source would not say "geeky nerd," it'd say something a little more eloquent and not as insulting.

When contacted by BBspot.com, Brett Tyson said, "I don't know what the hell is going on dude, but this suspension gives me more time for fraggin'. Yee haw!"

This part is just weird. Nobody says "Yee haw!"

PHP is a hypertext preprocessor, which sounds very dangerous. It is believed that many users started by using Perl and moved on to the more powerful PHP. For more information on how to recognize if your child may be using PHP visit php.net.

This sounds like it was just tagged on as a joke, and if it came with the original "article" then it was probably tagged on to make sure that people know that the story was fake.

Nice double post Roly :D. I doubt this really happened given that there is freedom of speech, and unless the school policy is very akward, not allowing for a fair trial, then this would be a false story. On another note, what could the student have said. You cant just say "I used PHP" withouut talking about websites first or later. Nice laugh though.

I think its stupid how they would suspend him without questioning him. I mean i would atleast investigate and actually see if he had some or even wanted some. He could have been talking about how bad it was or something nobody knows.

Well, I've seen teachers like that, and some that aren't (Think they know everything)...Anyway, after thinking a little, I also think that probably never happened. I mean...the article was found on the internet, and it's REALLY easy to put false information on the internet. It could also be some sort of joke, or anything. It could...maybe... have happened, but it's not that likely. Now, if there were PROOF of it happening, then I'd be convinced, like I was before. I DO know of a few teachers at my school who MAY think that, but I wouldn't guarantee it.

Surrealist, indeed. It can be an evidence of how wise some teachers are... Really it sounds like fiction or an urban tale but you know that reality often overcomes reality. Not only that teacher is stupid... also the one who has to take charge of the school... the headmaster or whatever.

This news doesn't sound very genuine. To me it rather sounds like some article to be put up at jokes forum. But if that is true, it invites laughter. How ignorant the teacher is and why not first find out what PHP is! Why should the teacher scold and even suspended the concerned student. I'm really sad to hear that this kind of teachers are actually raising students - its dangerous. I'm not talking only about PHP but the teachers' general knowledge and the way he/she executes her power... doens't look like he/she has common sense. hehe

Haha, that is hilarious. PHP a derivative of PCP... what a joke, hahahaha. That must be a good school if the teachers think a programming language is a drug B). Just because they are ignorant doesn't mean they have to punish the kid :). Maybe he should have typed in "PHP" on google and would have seen 10 million results about it being a programming language. But hey, I guess that would be too easy.