xisto Community
Nameless_

I Wasted My Time On A Useless Project... Now What? The reason why there arent many news blogs... and why Im qui

i'm like you. i have spent my life researching my own answers...but then there are some questions that i really have to ask and when i do, the answer never comes soon enough hah.

nameless- i am sure you want to continue with your idea of psychic phenom. if you ever get bored, can always write a blog about "nameless questions"

don't give up bud.

Haha... thank...

(By the way, does anyone know how to quote people from both the first page AND another page? That is, the second page on this thread, because I can't seem to do it. But anyway...)

Yeah... I never really wanted to do a news blog. I reason why I did it was so that it could provide an income stream for me without really needing to come up with ideas on what to write about. I've hard of a blogger's block, and I don't wish to encounter that. That's all...

But I don't like news that much. :(

The psychic phenomena's good. I haven't seen more than ONE single blog on that, and if possible, I would like to do something similar to that too... Do you think I'll be allowed to post a link of that blog here and try and get help basing my blog on that?

And mahesh2k (sorry I couldn't quote you, only bold you...) ... yeah, my activities slowed down a bit. I personally think I over-post too much and burn myself out, staring at the screen lifelessly. :lol:

But yeah, more questions coming, so don't worry, just need to untangle them and prioritize them once all the current questions have been answered so I'll know what to post first. :P

Haha... thank...

(By the way, does anyone know how to quote people from both the first page AND another page? That is, the second page on this thread, because I can't seem to do it. But anyway...)

Yeah... I never really wanted to do a news blog. I reason why I did it was so that it could provide an income stream for me without really needing to come up with ideas on what to write about. I've hard of a blogger's block, and I don't wish to encounter that. That's all...

But I don't like news that much. :(

The psychic phenomena's good. I haven't seen more than ONE single blog on that, and if possible, I would like to do something similar to that too... Do you think I'll be allowed to post a link of that blog here and try and get help basing my blog on that?

And mahesh2k (sorry I couldn't quote you, only bold you...) ... yeah, my activities slowed down a bit. I personally think I over-post too much and burn myself out, staring at the screen lifelessly. :lol:

But yeah, more questions coming, so don't worry, just need to untangle them and prioritize them once all the current questions have been answered so I'll know what to post first. :P

You can post just about anything here is long as it's not illegal and/or stolen work. You can even quote anything you want as long as it's in quote markers.

But I'm not quite understanding your question; are you asking if we could help you figure out things that would mesh in well with your desired theme or what?

You can post just about anything here is long as it's not illegal and/or stolen work. You can even quote anything you want as long as it's in quote markers.
But I'm not quite understanding your question; are you asking if we could help you figure out things that would mesh in well with your desired theme or what?

Well, it's not illegal or anything... I just want to base my blog on this site. :lol: I do hope the site owner doesn't really find this post, but anyway... :P
Yeah...

Something like that, but the yellowish greenish buttons are smaller and the title thing is bigger... big enough to put an ad there... :( And maybe slight layout changes, but that's around about it concerning what I want in my blog on my perfect niche thing...

And mahesh2k (sorry I couldn't quote you, only bold you...) ... yeah, my activities slowed down a bit. I personally think I over-post too much and burn myself out, staring at the screen lifelessly. smile.gifBut yeah, more questions coming, so don't worry, just need to untangle them and prioritize them once all the current questions have been answered so I'll know what to post first.

Yeah, now i guess you feel much better after taking break of day or two. isn't it ? I do that frequently, you know. Lol, on more questions coming. I like this. :lol:. Can't wait for more questions. There are very few threads coming up these days, so your threads are always interesting to answer or to participate. and see you learned one good thing that you're prioritizing your questions. Which is good thing. Cause you'll likely to learn in modular approach if you do that. This is one good thing to hear from your side.

Ok and i didn't get one comment of yours. What do you mean by "base of your blog" ? You mean traffic ? or you mean readers or commenter ? or you mean link so that google can acknowledge backlink ? This time i'm asking you questions. :P

Yeah, now i guess you feel much better after taking break of day or two. isn't it ? I do that frequently, you know. Lol, on more questions coming. I like this. :lol:. Can't wait for more questions. There are very few threads coming up these days, so your threads are always interesting to answer or to participate. and see you learned one good thing that you're prioritizing your questions. Which is good thing. Cause you'll likely to learn in modular approach if you do that. This is one good thing to hear from your side.
Ok and i didn't get one comment of yours. What do you mean by "base of your blog" ? You mean traffic ? or you mean readers or commenter ? or you mean link so that google can acknowledge backlink ? This time i'm asking you questions. :P

No, just the layout of the site.... I put a hyperlink here. The funny thing is, the domain provider isn't even top domain, and yet the site owner pays for it.... I really don't know why anyone would do that... but anyway... I'll go for free domain first and then see if I can upgrade it to top level domain once I figure out what to call it!!! :(

Yes... this is a psychic blog that is earning money, more than enough to keep up my hosting, and the layouts pretty good, but could do with some changes... the thing is, you can tell that he is just doing it for the commercial thing... there are other psychic blogs out there that try to earn money don't have as many commercial stuff on it. I might want to reduce that a bit... or not... but either way, I would want my blog to look like that, though the site owner might be using a premium (paid) theme because I haven't seen it before... but yeah.

And oh yeah... it's my turn to ask the question:
Why does redirect not Search Engine (SE) friendly? I'm still going for the Search Engine Optimization (SEO) thing, and I'm not really sure how to make a site or blog SE friendly...

I understand that copying won't be SE friendly, and bad for SEO, but redirection!? What!!! Why can't I hog like, lots and lots of domains???

Redirecting isn't SEO friendly. This has nothing to do with the domain you have your site on, but the other ones that redirect to it. They won't probably get indexed. And I remember reading at google's site that redirections have some bad effect on something, it had something to do with the bots crawling down your site...

No, just the layout of the site.... I put a hyperlink here. The funny thing is, the domain provider isn't even top domain, and yet the site owner pays for it.... I really don't know why anyone would do that... but anyway... I'll go for free domain first and then see if I can upgrade it to top level domain once I figure out what to call it!!! sad.gif

I think you didn't get one thing. There is difference between regional, commercial and top level domains. You're free to use regional and commercial domains. Google won't bite you or anyone gonna hurt your site for SEO. But domains like .tk, .co.cc and smart dots, cjb.cc type of domains definitely hurt. No matter how good content is people rarely find sites with those domains on search engines. .eu is regional domain if i'm right. So it is obvious that even if it not top level domain it is ranked based on content not on regional domain/top level domain preference. If you're going to stay with the blog and your site for longer run. Free domains like co.cc, .tk will definitely hurt your blog/SEO in future. If you're unsure, then go and ask this in digitalpoint forums. There are plenty of SEO people out there. Beware of some advice on digitalpoint forums,it comes with sales pitch.

I would want my blog to look like that, though the site owner might be using a premium (paid) theme because I haven't seen it before... but yeah.

Yes, after a while you've to switch to paid themes. Or even get yourself custom layout for blog. This pays in longer run. Cause typical themes won't fetch traffic in long run. You can do this as experiment on your blog to see if it works. If not, later switch to premium theme. Initially you can start with simple, minimalistic themes or magazine based themes. After sometime put adsense ads then if you earned enough you can buy premium theme. If you're in US, you've multiple ways to pay for online transaction. So it will not be problem for you to purchase later.

And oh yeah... it's my turn to ask the question:Why does redirect not Search Engine (SE) friendly? I'm still going for the Search Engine Optimization (SEO) thing, and I'm not really sure how to make a site or blog SE friendly...

I understand that copying won't be SE friendly, and bad for SEO, but redirection!? What!!! Why can't I hog like, lots and lots of domains???

We're back on questions. Lol. I suggest you to read Google webmaster blog and guideline for these questions. Also SEOMoz is one good resource where you'll get accurate answers than from any one of us here. Redirection issue is taken in similar lines as that of copying by search engines. Though search engines can understand subdomain/with or without www thingy. But it is always better to set 301 redirects to same instead modifying or forcing user to go to http://www.domainname.com/. This is what i've learned from my experience so far.

What??? Even if Google doesn't index your site it does badly in SEO??? :lol::P:( But my brains stuck for ideas on what to call my site WITH the key words... "psychic" or "psionic", preferably "psychic" because even if I have more competition, not many people know the term "psionics".Oh yeah... I couldn't find anything on the sites that you gave me, though I think that SEOmoz is a really good take to bookmark and keep it away for later use.So, can someone give me ideas on what to call my site? Not too long, Not too short, and preferably with some key words in it.

What??? Even if Google doesn't index your site it does badly in SEO??? sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

I'm not sure what you're referring here. if you mean google doesn't index .co.cc and .tk domain. then that is not the case. they prioritize such domains at lower level. and SEO term takes into multiple search engines into account not just google. SEO people even think about bing, yahoo, excite and other search engines. and to give you idea. if your domain is .ca which is Canadian regional domain for example, then regional search engines prefer higher for regional domains. So it is preference of search engines that matter. But you're not supposed to dig this much at earlier level. Stick with content and domain. Try and stay away from .co.cc and .tk type domains to save your work later.

Oh yeah... I couldn't find anything on the sites that you gave me, though I think that SEOmoz is a really good take to bookmark and keep it away for later use.

I gave you link to Google webmaster help section. This help file gives you idea how google views your site and how you can improve your site. Also SEOMoz is one of the top resource in SEO industry. Their advice is not only helps but rocks you can say. Lot of information is scattered on SEOMoz and Aaron wall's SEOBook site. So if you get some free time out of blogging then do read more SEO articles. It helps. But make sure you read reputed blogs.

So, can someone give me ideas on what to call my site? Not too long, Not too short, and preferably with some key words in it.

Here is hint, you can mix "psychic" name with some technology name try and restrict your domain to 8-10 letters come up with something creative. Check this domain lookup site to find out if the domain is already taken or not. If take then try regional domains like .us, .ca, or .uk etc.

What I mean is if I have a lot of redirection domain names that Google (or any other search engine like Bing and Yahoo, of course) haven't indexed yet it will still do badly in SEO... Which is sad because if this wasn't the case then I'd be like, hogging what ever domain name's available... :((But then, who wouldn't?)And don't worry, I think I found a good domain name, though it doesn't have "psychic" in it, but "psionic"... the reason for this is that well, I don't think that I'd do well with all the competition, and I am looking specifically for people that already know what "psionics" are, or something like that, and not for random psychics to read them,And also in Wikipedia it said that the term "psychic" also means cold reading and stuff, which is also another term for "fake reading"... So for example, if you are to cold read someone, you don't exactly have to be psychic. And this is what you do...You: "I see the number 9.... yes, it's very clear..."Person: "Huh? Nine?"You: "Yes... Nine, or October, or anything related to the number..."Person: *bites lips* "My brother died on October..."So you are just faking it, not really knowing what you are doing and the person provides all the information... Which isn't what I want my site to be about. My site is self-development... so yeah.. :lol:And OK, I'll have a look at the SEO thing... :PI'll see if I can find anything useful again.But I still want to be a domain hogger... :( :(I don't get it. Why would you do badly by attaching a domain name that no one will ever know on your site be a bad thing for SEO??? I mean, that's just waiting for people to stumble upon your site, but not exactly using it!!!

And also in Wikipedia it said that the term "psychic" also means cold reading and stuff, which is also another term for "fake reading"... So for example, if you are to cold read someone, you don't exactly have to be psychic. And this is what you do...
You: "I see the number 9.... yes, it's very clear..."
Person: "Huh? Nine?"
You: "Yes... Nine, or October, or anything related to the number..."
Person: *bites lips* "My brother died on October..."
So you are just faking it, not really knowing what you are doing and the person provides all the information... Which isn't what I want my site to be about. My site is self-development... so yeah.. smile.gif

:lol: I didn't understood this. Is this about psychic phenomena discussion ? I don't know how it popped up into our discussion. :P

But I still want to be a domain hogger... sad.gif sad.gifI don't get it. Why would you do badly by attaching a domain name that no one will ever know on your site be a bad thing for SEO??? I mean, that's just waiting for people to stumble upon your site, but not exactly using it!!!

Domain hogger ? I didn't get you. What do you mean by that ? And on point of attatching domain name for performance is something like this. Let's take case of .tk and .co .cc. These domains are used by newbies, freehosts and spammers, fake email creators etc. So for commercial interests people don't consider this. And as these type of domains out of reach of commercial interests. So it is obvious that in terms of search engine perspective, they're at lower priority. This lower priority goes into bad performance in terms of SEO. People will stumble upon your site if content is worthy. But advertisers will not accept such domains even if the site is performing fine and search engine already placed such domains on lower priority. So point if why to be newbie forever by choosing such domains at beginning ? You're in the blogging for long term, don't you ?