xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
-Sky-

Few Random Sigs

Hey guys. Yet another signature I made today since I was/am still bored with faff all to do. :P (I suppose I could go sleep, though what's the fun in that, eh? :() So I thought I'd keep making some show-off sigs to improve my skills in Photoshop CS4! :lol: The background with the two CTs in is from Google. However, the Halo soldier I got from my friend -Calypso-. I just started making some edits etc, adding some Strokes and came up with the results below. :(

Please comment?

post-67096-1252549073_thumb.gif

post-67096-1252549843_thumb.png

post-67096-1252549967_thumb.gif

Edited by -Sky- (see edit history)

It's alright I guess... though you might want to add some more depth in your sigs, as a plain picture isn't really enough to make a good signature. Also, you might want to move your name (-Sky-) down a little, because it isn't very visible, and I nearly didn't see it, only the "Why so serious?" bit, and I do believe that you would rather have people noticing and looking at your name than the phrase...And I think that you have squished the image a little. Cutting bits of the real-sized image out won't hurt anyone. I promise you. It's better to put a portion of the actual image in a signature than squishing the image onto the canvas and distorting the whole entire picture. It wrecks everything... But it's pretty good, I guess. I like the way you have put "stroke" around the words, though I think it would be better to keep the opacity of the stroke at 100% for your name...Wait... it is stroke, isn't it?

It's alright I guess... though you might want to add some more depth in your sigs, as a plain picture isn't really enough to make a good signature. Also, you might want to move your name (-Sky-) down a little, because it isn't very visible, and I nearly didn't see it, only the "Why so serious?" bit, and I do believe that you would rather have people noticing and looking at your name than the phrase...
And I think that you have squished the image a little. Cutting bits of the real-sized image out won't hurt anyone. I promise you. It's better to put a portion of the actual image in a signature than squishing the image onto the canvas and distorting the whole entire picture. It wrecks everything...

But it's pretty good, I guess. I like the way you have put "stroke" around the words, though I think it would be better to keep the opacity of the stroke at 100% for your name...

Wait... it is stroke, isn't it?

Yes, it sure is. Please don't expect much of them since I was tired and bored. :P I'll edit them later perhaps. In the middle of reformatting our CCTV PC. :lol:

Not a bad job. Though try edging the corners so they are rounded this will make the piece of work look a lot better. Then you should add a border of some sort to make it pop out the screen almost. Anyway not a bad job overall :lol:.

Here are my comments :)For the first one:Its good. I was thinking what would improve this is adding colour effects around the face trying to make the face the focal point. you could do this with brushing, c4d, blurring, and many different ways! Another suggestion I have is adding a border around the whole image, maybe like bars at the top and bottom or something. Play around with things, give it a shot! Don't be afraid to post it either.For the second one: There is something about the render... hmm. I think it is either too small for the image, or it does not match the colour scheme. Or both. Overall good job, I'd just use a bigger image next time, and tint the colours a bit differently.For the last one:Ah, you changed the colours which makes it match a lot better, but like I said in the previous comment, you should change the colour scheme, or use colours that have many more colours that you can match to it easily.Great work overall! Just keep on chuggin, and try new things.

this is very nice dude, however you should add more brush effects, go to deviantart and download some nice signature brushes and start making them shiny =D you should go read some signature tutorials for fun, its lots of different ways to make them ^^