xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
The Simpleton

Money Or Happiness?

This is a question that most people think about in their lives,and although some have found the answer, most people are still struggling to find the true answer.

"Do you want a lot of money in your live, or a lot of happiness?"

There's no need to say that with a lot of money comes a lot of worry. The mind is constantly filled with anxiety about what will happen to the money - what happens if it's stolen? What is the best way to spend it? Is there a way to multiply it? These and such other questions take away the happiness from the mind. The richest people in the world are those who are constantly at battle with their mind. They do enjoy a lot of luxuries but along with that they do not get any peace of mind.

Then there are people who are happy with whatever they have. They do not crave for a lot of money, and earn just enough to live peacefully. These are the people who are really the luckiest people in the world. They do have a lot of problems but they're at peace with their mind. This is something that no amount of money can bring.

So which one do you choose? As for me I still haven't figured out the answer for myself. I want a piece of both but know that's nearly impossible. I'll be waiting for your replies.....

That is a very deep and hence good question - because to say money never matters - only love matters on this physical planet may well be very wrong or shortsighted.You may love your job but are unable to improve your standard of living. e.g. good clothes, house etc. That compared to your friends you are sub-standard, then what good is loving your job?But if you hate your job, why don't you think of changing it? May be the other job can bring you both, money, happiness and job satisfaction.But if I had to choose...I choose the happiness because if we are happy and satisfied in our work then already earn money, and maybe even more than if you're sad and depressed. Money is not everything. No..Have you ever heard of the term um... "Money cant buy you happiness"???, well that's how I feel why have money when there's no benefit from it. Apart from free hosting from Xisto, that is. ;)

I think fairly everyone would choose the last one. But we all know there's no such thing as "Happiness" if you are having problem because of money. I believe that's isn't a selection from where you can pick up one of those.

Money or happiness ..For some people money and happiness mean the same thing. As they believe that you can be happy only if you have a good amount of money. For them earning money is earning happiness. They think living life with luxuries and having everything they desire is called happiness. For these sort of people this money or happiness debate means nothing.Then there are the other kind who think that true happiness is the piece of mind. These people have different meanings for money and happiness.These people don't care much about the luxuries they are living with that doesn't mean that they don't want luxuries.But they prefer a life with less luxury and less worries to the life with lot of money and lot of worries. If someone could get a luxurious life with no worries then no body can be as lucky as him/her.I am somewhat the second one. There's no doubt that I want a lot of money but would like to live my life easy.I don't want the income tax department or the mafia looking for me.So I would like a descent amount of money so that I could live a strainless life with happyness.I know thats asking a lot, but that's how every human is made.

Material things dont add up to nothingId rather be happy, if im happy i asume im not dead on, on the floor poor, so id rather have tons of happiness than to have tons of money and be a miserable lonely personso happiness > moneymoney is nothing if you are not happy..is one of the options to have both? ;p

what a ridiculous question. first of all, happiness is only a dream. sure....there are certain "happy" times, but happiness as a whole? a dream. try contentment. that would be more realistic. the reason why happiness is a dream is that people are in general selfish and selfishness leads to wants and wants lead to always something more....thus...give a person happiness, he'll still not be satisfied....thus....not being truely happy...but he MAY be content....just getting by...didn't i answer a similar question about this topic a week ago? someone is starting new threads that have already been started elsewhere

what a ridiculous question. first of all, happiness is only a dream. sure....there are certain "happy" times, but happiness as a whole? a dream. try contentment. that would be more realistic. the reason why happiness is a dream is that people are in general selfish and selfishness leads to wants and wants lead to always something more....thus...give a person happiness, he'll still not be satisfied....thus....not being truely happy...but he MAY be content....just getting by...

Wanting to be happy is again a desire, a goal or whatever you call it and if you try too much to achieve it you become miserable...does that make sense? :P "Money or Happiness?" is a similar question - it is a deep question for someone and a ridiculous one for another! It is in the nature of these things - everyone has a different opinion about them that's why it appears differently to each person.

didn't i answer a similar question about this topic a week ago? someone is starting new threads that have already been started elsewhere

well are you implying that I'm digging through the old topics and re-posting them? If I had that much time or such an intention then my post count would have gone through the roof by now! :lol:

I just want hapiness, but this things are relative. Sometimes money when needed bring hapiness, but if you have too much of money they bring trouble. I am really confused about this terms. There are times when you get great times and you are happy, but still you have no money. And there are times when you become stressed and worried just because of money. So I guess everything is up to eveery one's personality. Selfish people will always try to find money and money will be their moto. And other people despite of money will be good and helpful to others.

Well, I guess it depends on how much money, and how much happiness! :lol: And of course, if it is money that makes you happy, you wouldn't chose to be broke now would you? Personally, I find it extremely difficult to be happy when I don't know how I'm going to pay for the next load of dog food. I get depressed when things get "tight" here. And while I don't mind driving an old car with a gazzillion miles on it, and don't mind shopping at swap meets, and thrift stores, and discount grocery stores, not having any money is a REAL drag. It would seem on the other hand, if you had a LOT of money, it would be hard to be unhappy. If something was bothering you, just buy your way out of the problem.

Well, I guess it depends on how much money, and how much happiness! :P
And of course, if it is money that makes you happy, you wouldn't chose to be broke now would you?
Personally, I find it extremely difficult to be happy when I don't know how I'm going to pay for the next load of dog food. I get depressed when things get "tight" here. And while I don't mind driving an old car with a gazzillion miles on it, and don't mind shopping at swap meets, and thrift stores, and discount grocery stores, not having any money is a REAL drag.

It would seem on the other hand, if you had a LOT of money, it would be hard to be unhappy. If something was bothering you, just buy your way out of the problem.

Actually, I agree with you. To tell you the truth, if I had all the money in the world (not literally, because that would be quite impossible and rather pointless), I'd be so extremely happy if I could have all the hosting credits in the world, so I can just ditch all these money making quest thingies that I'm on and just work on my actual website!!!

And I'd have as many websites as I want. :lol: With no ADS too!!!