xisto Community
friendforever

Which Is The Safest Internet Browser?

What makes you say that OSX is the least secure? You have to have an administrator's password to install anything, and most viruses won't work on macs, since the process/application is easily detected and halted by a user.

See my thread on OS security. OSX and Linux are similar in certain ways, such as having to have an administrator password (or the all-mighty root for Linux), but at the same time, I've explored some stuff as to how each operating system works and saw a security article as to why Apple's OS is actually the least secure in terms of exploits, security holes, and penetrability. (It doesn't mean that it's not a safe OS to use, since every one out of a hundred computer users brag about the security of the all-mighty Macintosh. These are also the same people that probably don't have a clue as to why it's so "secure," not to mention that the made-up ratio I gave gives you an idea as to why attacks on OSX are menial compared to the amount of attacks on the Windows platform.)

Does anyone even use Lynx anymore?

Yup ;) Admittedly, I don't use it as my day-to-day browser (Firefox and Konqueror work well for that), but there were two websites I could only get to work on Lynx - Vodafone and British Gas. Thankfully I don't have to deal with either of them any more, so I can stop using Lynx.

If you think you can rely on your browser to keep you safe on the internet, think again.While browsers do their best to keep things out of your system, and keep whats on your system in etc. you need other software (a decent antivirus/antispyware/antirootkit application) These will track down an stop anything that gets in.I would personally recommentd mozilla firefox. However that is totally based on opinion!Using a good popup blocker (most popular browsers have them built in now) will keep a lot of malicious software out as a lot of it is distributed via popups.Hope this helps.

Internet Explorer 9 is the most secure browser to use on web. If are using IE8 on windows 7 platform, Id recommend upgrade browser to IE9 as it is faster and safer than IE8. IE9 use SmartScreen Filter that is designed to protect you from web and social engineering threats. Its dynamic security intelligence and safety service protect you from all type of phishing attacks and malicious software. It also works with Download Manager to help protect you from malicious download. You can upgrade browser directly from Microsoft website to keep your PC secure from all kinds of online threats.

Unfortunately Internet Explorer is rarely if ever the correct answer to this question, being that it is the flagship browser for the Microsoft suite, it remains the most highly targeted platform for browser based attacks, and while IE9 has taken steps to catch up to the other browsers extensible security features, Chrome and Firefox both hold major trump cards in their plethora of security addons.

Firefox and Chrome with the proper extensions/addons such as : NoScript, AdBlock Plus, Greasemonkey/Stylish, and Better Pop-Up Blocker(chrome). These addons simply put these two browsers ahead of every other on the market

Internet Explorer 9 is the most secure browser to use on web. If are using IE8 on windows 7 platform, Id recommend upgrade browser to IE9 as it is faster and safer than IE8. IE9 use SmartScreen Filter that is designed to protect you from web and social engineering threats. Its dynamic security intelligence and safety service protect you from all type of phishing attacks and malicious software. It also works with Download Manager to help protect you from malicious download. You can upgrade browser directly from Microsoft website to keep your PC secure from all kinds of online threats.

I think the safest browser would be the depending on what you do on the web, so it could be any (well the modern ones anyhow). If you are an addon fanatic like me, you have to be careful of addons in general and see what people in comments say about them. Addons give more freedom than the general Javascript on a webpage. Mainly Noscript and adblocker (which is basically on almost all modern browsers) are the best addons for security. The general answer is any browser would give you about the same line of security, it depends on what you do with your browser.