xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
livepcportal

Welcome To The World Of 3g

Finally 3G technology is available in India. Do you know what is 3G? If no, then after reading this you will came to know.

3G stands for the third generation of mobile phone standards and technology as released by the International Mobile Telecommunications programme (IMT-2000). The 3G technologies allows various network operators to provide more advanced services and better networking capabilities.

Currently only one network operator offers this service in India and that is BSNL. I am waiting when more Telecom Operators will offer 3G service at a cheap price so that I can buy it.

The 3G technology is capable of supporting various hi-end features like VoIP services, video calls, and hi-speed broadband. Unlike the Wi-Fi technology which primarily supports only data transmission, the implementation of the 3G technologies would incorporate high-speed internet access and video telephony to cellular networks using this technology. The maximum speed off 3G is 2.4 Megabits per second on the download link and 153.6 kilobits per second on the upload link.

This technology is really a boon for all those people who use their mobile phone to surf internet. Don't you think so?

Can someone who is using 3g technology share his experience!

Notice from galexcd:
You must quote anything you copy & paste from another website. Even if you change a word or punctuation here and there.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
http://www.kriyayoga.com/Spiritual_Treasures.html

well there's no real reason to rejoice yet as the rates are unbelievably high :P Forget 3G - even 2G is still out of reach for a lot of people. Everything related to telecom is on the high now-a-days. iPhones are costing above Rs.30000 while the original price should have been Rs.8000. ISPs charge more and give very less...well the list goes on! So the eternal wait begins - waiting for the price to come down - but we never know when it will end ;)

honestly, ive had 3G with at&T and its not all that trust me, same signal for most places, the bars are just spread apart between 3g & 2g network signal, as for the internet, its still slow, you simply cannot compare it to how fast an iphone works when plugged into a wifi spot, neverless that being one of the fastest phones, if you go to a much slower model from at&T or verizon the speeds, to me are dialup cheapend of story, web browsing isnt for me on cellphones