xisto Community
The Simpleton

Two Important Questions Regarding Domain (only) Purchase At Xisto Using Mycents

When I first registered here two months ago, I was only looking for a way to get a personal website started. Just a website for me and nothing else. But as I spent more and more time here, I've learned a lot about domains and hosting and whatnot and they changed my intentions completely! :P I've bought two websites so far and none of them can be called a 'personal website '. Both of them are for totally different purposes.

Now armed with some new knowledge, I want to purchase some domains in bulk. If my calculations are right, the first phase would be to purchase 10 or 15 domains at once. I have some really interesting purposes for these (none of them dangerous or illegal!) but two questions sprung up in my mind as soon as I got this idea.

1. Is there any limit on the number of domains a member is allowed to purchase at Xisto using myCENTs?

2. I'm looking to buy only domains and not hosting. So if I buy a domain now, can I change the nameservers at any time or only at the time of purchase?

I don't have any intention to buy hundreds of domains ;) The maximum target is around 20. So am I allowed to purchase these many domains? I won't require hosting for most of these - I will just be paying their yearly fee using myCENTs. (20 x 10 = 200? I think that's possible at the rate of $1 per day? :P )

The second doubt is whether I can change the nameservers for these domains at any point of time or not. If I am allowed to specify the DNS only at the time of purchase, then I plan to buy the domains all at once. Otherwise I will buy them as soon as I have the money for each one of them.

So can someone please clarify these doubts? Please note that I do not have any harmful intentions in mind for using these domains.

Edited by kasperooney (see edit history)

1. Is there any limit on the number of domains a member is allowed to purchase at Xisto using myCENTs?

As far as I am aware, no. As long as you pay your invoices then you should be able to order as many as you want.

2. I'm looking to buy only domains and not hosting. So if I buy a domain now, can I change the nameservers at any time or only at the time of purchase?

Once you purchase a domain, and it has been processed and registered, then you can log in to your billing account and change the nameservers whenever you want to whatever you want.

As far as I am aware, no. As long as you pay your invoices then you should be able to order as many as you want.

Once you purchase a domain, and it has been processed and registered, then you can log in to your billing account and change the nameservers whenever you want to whatever you want.

As far as I am aware, rvalkass is completely correct. All I remember is that you have to log into Xisto - Domains.com from my past experiences, but I am no longer sure.

If I try to login at Xisto - Domains.com with my Xisto - Support account then it isn't accepting me. So that website is completely away from myCENTs I guess? Anyway for the first time I went deep into my account at xstosupport and there is an option to change the nameservers at any time. So that doubt is cleared. Also, at Xisto - Domains there is an option for bulk registration of domains. so naturally that means anyone can register any number of domains. so I think this doubt is also cleared. I should have thought of this before starting the thread. anyway, thanks to rvalkass and Tramposch for giving me the idea ;)

If I try to login at Xisto - Domains.com with my Xisto - Support account then it isn't accepting me.

The detials will be mailed to you after you register a domain. And the password at Xisto - Domains keeps expiring time to time and you have to change your password(for security purposes).

And virtually you can order any number of domains with myCents, but if you have large number of domains it is very difficult to maintain them.
No one maintains that number of websites (20 as you said), I guess you want to resell your domains right? ;)

No one maintains that number of websites (20 as you said), I guess you want to resell your domains right? xd.gif

well actually, no! I have some plans for each one of them and if it doesn't work out I will try to resell them or abandon them. But if my experiments succeed then I plan to buy even more ;)

anyway thanks for the clarification xpress