xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
livepcportal

Can I Sell A Domain Name?

Hi guys! ;) I am planning to buy a top lop level domain name for my first personal website from Xisto by using mycents as a mode of payment.Before I actually buy it I just want to know if I can sell this domain name to anyone. If it is possible then will I get real money in return or?just mycents?Help me!

If I'm not wrong, xisto (Xisto) doesn't sell premium domains, at least not what the world thinks are 'premium'! So there's a very good chance that the kind of domains that you get on xisto aren't really premium in other people's sense. That's because all the premium domains are already booked by many companies and are available for sale only through their websites and not anywhere else. That's the reason you can't buy them using myCENTs.So even if you have the money, you can't buy many premium domains on xisto as they're alreay 'taken' in the real sense. In all other cases I think it's acceptable to do what you want with your domain as you've already 'paid' for it using your myCENTs. Members can't purchase domains from other members because transfer of myCENTs is not allowed over here. I think this should clarify your doubts. If you want a cocksure answer, wait for a mod to answer your question ;)

If I'm not wrong, xisto (Xisto) doesn't sell premium domains, at least not what the world thinks are 'premium'! So there's a very good chance that the kind of domains that you get on xisto aren't really premium in other people's sense. That's because all the premium domains are already booked by many companies and are available for sale only through their websites and not anywhere else. That's the reason you can't buy them using myCENTs.
So even if you have the money, you can't buy many premium domains on xisto as they're alreay 'taken' in the real sense. In all other cases I think it's acceptable to do what you want with your domain as you've already 'paid' for it using your myCENTs. Members can't purchase domains from other members because transfer of myCENTs is not allowed over here. I think this should clarify your doubts. If you want a cocksure answer, wait for a mod to answer your question ;)

Hi kasperooney! Thank for your reply but I am still having doubt. 

You said that we cannot buy a domain name from xisto(Xisto) because all of them are already registered by other companies but what if a domain still available. Suppose I buy a domain name let it be "example.com" by using myCENTs so can I now sell this domain name to any person which is not a member of Xisto? Do xisto allows its users this option who purchase a domain name from them using mycents?
Edited by rvalkass (see edit history)

Hi kasperooney! Thank for your reply but I am still having doubt.

You said that we cannot buy a domain name from xisto(Xisto) because all of them are already registered by other companies but what if a domain still available. Suppose I buy a domain name let it be "example.com" by using myCENTs so can I now sell this domain name to any person which is not a member of Xisto? Do xisto allows its users this option who purchase a domain name from them using mycents?

I think you can sell it because it's up to you what you want to do with your domain. I'm not sure of the procedure, but I think if you open a support ticket they will be able to assist you professionally ;) "Selling" a domain basically means transferring control of the domain from the seller to the buyer, right? So the registrar (in this case Xisto) needs to change the WHOIS record of the domain and so on, so you need to contact Xisto regarding this. Sorry if I'm confusing you or giving any wrong info, but I think this is the basic procedure of re-selling a domain. After the control is transferred the buyer can do what he wishes with the domain, including selling it again!

I think you can sell it because it's up to you what you want to do with your domain. I'm not sure of the procedure, but I think if you open a support ticket they will be able to assist you professionally ;) "Selling" a domain basically means transferring control of the domain from the seller to the buyer, right? So the registrar (in this case Xisto) needs to change the WHOIS record of the domain and so on, so you need to contact Xisto regarding this. Sorry if I'm confusing you or giving any wrong info, but I think this is the basic procedure of re-selling a domain. After the control is transferred the buyer can do what he wishes with the domain, including selling it again!

Well thank you very much for the solution. I also think opening a support ticket will be the best way of sorting out this problem. Hopefully, they will assist me in selling out my domain once I purchased it which I am going to do very soon probably by the end of the next week.

And secondly you are not confusing me infact you have cleared my confusion. Now I am much more relaxed.?

Can anyone make one more thing clear that after selling my domain will I get myCENTs or real money?

I thought that you could sell any domain names for everyone!!! I mean, people out there actually do invest in domain names, and selling it for a high price when someone wants to buy it. Why not sell it when you buy it through Xisto and/or Xisto? Personally I think it should be the same, and buying it from Xisto/Xisto should be the same as buying it from other domain selling sites, like GoDaddy.com and name.com.(Their prices are the same, but in Xisto we can pay it through myCENTS instead of real money.)I mean, OK... so you've bought the domain name. Can't you just host it with myCENTS, like real money, and then sell it out if someone wants to buy it?You should be able to. I don't see any reason why it should be any different from other domain selling sites.

Can anyone make one more thing clear that after selling my domain will I get myCENTs or real money?

You're selling the domain to someone else so they have to pay for it with real money - even if the person to whom you're selling it is a member of Xisto, he can't pay you in myCENTS because they aren't transferable. Even Xisto - Support won't transfer myCENTs. So you make the deal normally with paper money and then it's up to the buyer whether he wants to support the domain using myCENTs or going to another registrar altogether.