xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
The Simpleton

Do You Think Bill Gates Uses Linux/mac/solaris?

The world's richest man, the man who opened the door, or rather the window to easy computing - Bill Gates - is now a bit unhappy now, isn't he?His pet Windows OS is slowly becoming less and less popular day-by-day and Microsoft is losing money - a lot of it! There was once a time when if there was a computer anywhere, it hadto have Windows installed on it! That was because in those days computers were new and people were looking for an easier way to utilise them. Even if they knew that there were better operating systems available for a lesser cost, they were buying only Windows just because it was easy to use.....

But today more and more people are getting to know about other OSes like Linux, Open Solaris, etc which are available for free. Yet Microsoft hasn't changed its pricing policy and has put yet another exorbitant price on its next product - Windows 7. Bill Gates may no longer be in charge, but it was him who created this attitude among the whole of the MS employees :P I was thinking about all these things when I got a sudden doubt - does Bill Gates use an OS other than Windows for his daily use? Did he ever try using the OSes that were being termed as "excellent" by the users? Of course he's so rich that he probably has a dozen or more computers in his room (;)) and maybe he installs a lot of OSes for himself, but do you think he uses them on a regular basis?

Okay we may not know about the personal life of Mr.Gates, but what about the Microsoft company? Does it have any computers which don't use Windows? Companies generally get products of their rivals and do some sort of reverse engineering, don't they? I think MS does something like this as well. I'm surprised that even after all these years they are so confident about their OS's capabilities that they ignore all the signs which point to how weak it really is :P

Since I haven't seen Bill Gates using his PC or laptop so I don't know which OS he really uses. Thus I can make a guess only and I think he probably use Windows 7 for his work because he do not have to pay for it for using Windows 7. After all its his own company who created it.It is also possible that he might be using OS like OpenSuse, mac, solaris so that he can find out how these OSes are improving day by day and competing with his OSes which his company sells with a high price tag so that he can improve his own OSes and thus enable them to compete with other OSes available in the market.He is a genius he can use anything.

No. Bill gates doesn't use Linux.Why?Well. I think it's fair to say that at one time Bill gateswas an avid computer hobbyist who loved writing code.He seemed like a computer geek. The kind that flock to LInux today.This love of coding became eclipsed by his growth as a businessman.He has no real interest in computers at all anymore.I mean. He hasn't written any code no doubt since the 1970's. He uses what is easiest and most practical for him to use, Windows.I repeat. He is a businessman.

Well Bill Gates is extremely rich, so I doubt he actually spends much time using computers anymore. He's probably taking daily flights into space or something. He wouldn't have need of computer games to entertain him, if he was craving a war game, he could hire an army and buy some battleships, if he wanted to play sports he could buy a team, if he wanted to play flight simulator, he wouldn't play Microsoft Flight Sim, he'd buy a jet. For non leisurely purposes, he probably has a team to do everything like organize his life and check his mail etc. I remember he had a team to just to filter out his spam.Assuming Bill Gates actually has time to use a computer, I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't use Windows but you think he'd have to check out his products once in a while. You have to spend more than an hour to test out an entire OS before approving it, then again, maybe that's why Windows OS's were always so buggy.Microsoft is really an O.S. for everyone though, it's designed to be usable by computer newbies so it's not tailored to the "geeky" crowd, I think the people knowledgeable with computers at Microsoft must use linux or something else sometimes. There are a lot of men who design things like women's dresses and underwear, but they don't necessarily wear their products (Well, we'll assume that...)