xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
DarkAnswer

Website Publishing

Ive been designing a website I am nearly done but I need help on getting traffic I need more people to come and see my website ;)
I want people to tell me how to improve it here's the link by the way ----> http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
I hope you people could help me
Thanks if you try to answer my question( Topic )

Website.txt

You have a nice grungy grey background on your site, but unfortunately it doesn't fit the overall theme or look of the site itself.The logo needs a lot of work, as it currently simply displaying the URL of the site. You should:(a) make a logo with the "Dark Answer" brand with a different font or logotype that stands out to both new visitors and returning users of your site;(:) avoid using the URL "http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/; since nowadays it is unprofessional to do so in web design, plus you don't own or have access to that domain, which is likely to mislead returning users to the wrong address.On the content of the pages, I found the blue 'Welcome' text strange and unusual. I would recommend personally using different shade of blue for the heading while using dark grey or black for the body text.

Dear friend of mine first of all I think the blue color usedby you in the welcome matter does not suits with the sites color combination anddue to which it is not able to give a professional look at all please concentrateon this and try to change the font color according to the over all color schemeit should match and look good. Rest every thing is all right.

The reason you have very few visitors is because there is no reason to visit your site. There is nothing there to see. Thats the problem with websites and traffic, you need a *reason* for people to visit and then another so they will return. It's not easy to do on a personal site but if you want visitors how about taking snippits of the day's news and talking about them. Or if you are into technology or something write blogs about technology news and give your opinions on the matter. People love to hear someone bashing a big company so whatever your hobby is perhaps write blogs about things you have used. For example if you like computers you could blog about bad experiences with windows as well as little tips you might have and the good stuff too. I also think you need to move the logo/banner right up to about 10-20px from the top of the browser. At the moment it just dominates the page and it shouldnt be that way. I should look at it once then read the content so i can eventually ignore the banner and simply read the content. It also looks very bare due to the colour scheme IMHO.