xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Ash-Bash

My Vista Sig

Well today I was bored...

So I decided to follow one of Kyle's tutorials on Youtube on how to make a vista looker-like sig.

I feel this went very well as I don't usually make Signatures but wallpapers.

Preview:

Posted Image

Any comments on what you think of it and How I could improve on it would be fantastic.

- Ash.

Thanks I appreciate that you used my tutorial :)It looks good but what you could work on is make the edges a bit skinnier on the bottom left and right, and make them proportional. otherwise it is great.Good job.

wow cool huh! its very nice your first time making sig?

No I have made other signatures before on a one off basics but none like this.

Thanks I appreciate that you used my tutorial :)
It looks good but what you could work on is make the edges a bit skinnier on the bottom left and right, and make them proportional. otherwise it is great.

Good job.

No problem, I saw the video in my favourites but never done it so decided to do it today when it was raining and I was bored :D.

Glad you like It I am proud of it myself!

I was thinking of offering a style file with my video, but i decided that would make it too easy for people.What i mean by style is when you are in the blending options you can actually LOAD a style which will automatically do the style.

Kind of like a PSD file then? I do agree that would make it to easy for people just download a PSD load it up then edit the text and put there own name in.Great tutorial though you should make more like them!

That would be great, PassTheBoll, but put the link to the site to download in the video, so people will have to watch it or make it so that they need to view to to make it publicly viewable. Thats a great way to get more people to go to your site, and to download the link. Post the guide on other forums as well not only Xisto and yours. I like your sig, but I think you should use the select function in photoshop and get rid of the sides, it makes it look the picture is embedded rather than its a file in there. I really do like what you did. I would also trim the left side a bit and add a small shadow or something to make it look a little better on the car, end tweak the font to be a little darker and smaller so it looks like the Vista font. Oh also remember that its not Arial but Calibri I believe but I'm not sure on that. I believe I have my own result, let me go find it. Here it is:Wait no its broken, no point in showing something that won't display.

That would be great, PassTheBoll, but put the link to the site to download in the video, so people will have to watch it or make it so that they need to view to to make it publicly viewable. Thats a great way to get more people to go to your site, and to download the link. Post the guide on other forums as well not only Xisto and yours.

I usually put a link to download the video but since I have had and still have multiple servers it is very hard to keep up with!

The only problem with that is that I have to make my copy right pretty clear because then people could copy it!