xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
FruitRocks

Cloud Computing What available OS choices are there?

Well, because I do a lot of Facebooking, YouTube, and gmail, I thought that I would go ahead and try Cloud Computing. What OS's out there that have that? I know that Good OS is one, but with a very bad interface :angel:I can't wait to try out Google Chrome OS, that looks good. And yes, I do know about Microsoft Azure or whatever its called, but I don't know where to download it :(

For Cloud computing, Ubuntu is working on a project for it. I don't think it's out yet but they are in the works.There are also many other projects for it.Google for "Cloud Computing Options" and you should find plenty of things, :(

In terms of operating systems no one is offering them as of yet, right now Ubuntu is trying to work on something and Google last is making an operating that sounds like its cloud based. You have to remember though its not really about operating itself as much as its the networking of many technologies to make cloud computering useful. OF course, many websites are providing services right now the biggest one is Google with its office application suite, amazon S3 with its storage space. OF course, the major hurdle right now for cloud OS is security and stability of data as those two are the major issues for cloud gurus to figure and its because of that not too many people would want to be running an operating system like that just of yet.

amazonmicrosoft azuregoogle application engineare the three big mainstayers... there's also atom and a zillion other websearch hits. who has the proper funding is the question to ask

Edited by Time Warner Cable SUCKS (see edit history)