xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
donneo

Mobile Phone With 12megapix.camera

Company Samsung Electronics today present first mobile phone with 12-megapixel camera, Pixon 12th...Pixon 12, which has more resolution than more cameras, and will seriously danger of the industry on the camera and photo-devices, which in the last several years a decrease due to occurrence of the different mobile phones with advanced camera. Besides the 12-megapixel, Mobile phone which the model Samsung M8800 Pixon, you automatically offers stabilizing the picture, as well as options for character recognition and smile.Size of the photographs varies from two to 18 megabytes, and the next photo you can to make after two seconds, which is particularly impressive given the fact that the question for the mobile phone.

Edited by donneo (see edit history)

this was already annouced awhile back but honestly who is going to do wiith a 12MP phone-camera. the more MP they put up the more useless its going to be!! i mean honestly. 12MP even that good with this? and does it shoot HD pictures?... ill wait for the Omnia HD.

They named this thing the Pixon. You know what that means? It means this is not a phone with a camera. It is a camera with a phone.

Yeah HDuffRules, nice thinking. I didn't thought of that, anyway it's a great phone and a camera :(

Here are full specifications:

Text quoted from here.

Posted Image

General 2G Network GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900

3G Network HSDPA 2100

Announced 2008, September

Status Available. Released 2008, November

Size Dimensions 107.9 x 54.6 x 13.8 mm

Weight 121 g

Display Type TFT resistive touchscreen, 256K colors

Size 240 x 400 pixels, 3.2 inches

- Accelerometer sensor

Sound Alert types Vibration; Downloadable polyphonic, MP3 ringtones

Speakerphone Yes

- DNSe (Digital Natural Sound Engine)

Memory Phonebook 1000 contacts, Photo call

Call records Yes

Internal 200 MB

Card slot microSD (TransFlash), up to 16GB (verified), buy memory

Data GPRS Class 10 (4+1/3+2 slots), 32 - 48 kbps

HSCSD No

EDGE Class 10, 236.8 kbps

3G HSDPA, 7.2 Mbps

WLAN No

Bluetooth Yes, v2.0 with A2DP

Infrared port No

USB Yes, v2.0, microUSB

Camera Primary 8 MP, 3264x2448 pixels, autofocus, LED flash

Features Geo-tagging, face, smile and blink detection, image stabilization, wide dynamic range

Video Yes, WVGA@30fps, QVGA@120fps

Secondary Videocall camera

Features CPU Qualcomm MSM6281, 500Mhz processor

Messaging SMS, MMS, Email

Browser WAP 2.0/xHTML, HTML

Radio Stereo FM radio with RDS

Games 5 + Downloadable

Colors Black, Pink

GPS Yes

Java Yes, MIDP 2.0

- DivX/XviD/H.263/H.264/WMV/MP4 player

- MP3/eAAC+/WMA/AMR player

- SRS (Surround Sound System) Virtual 5.1CH

- TV-out

- Organizer

- Document viewer (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, PDF)

- Voice memo/dial

Battery Standard battery, Li-Ion 1000 mAh

Stand-by Up to 290 h (2G) / 280 h (3G)

Talk time Up to 3 h 40 min (2G) / 4 h (3G)

Misc Price group [About 280 EUR]

Edited by 100janovski (see edit history)

That's a sweet phone, the coolest feature with these new samsung phones has to be the smile detection. Instead of conventional timers it senses when you smile and takes the picture as soon as you smile.I don't really like the Vista-esque interface though they could have done better.

The question really is whether the phone really needs a 12 megapixel camera. In reality, unless you plan to totally replace your digital camera with a camera phone, it wouldn't really be a good idea. One of the main problems would be battery consumption, since the flash would require a high level of electrical energy to power. Also, as a result of putting a 12 megapixel camera inside a small mobile phpone, it would not produce an image of the same quality and clarity as a dedicated digital camera, especially when compared to the Digital Single-Lens Reflex cameras (DSLRs). Another downside would be the cost of this new phone, making it cheaper to purchase separately a phone and a digital camera.

I really happy with phone with 12 Megapixel. Wow !! it is much interesting taking photos with such mobile and not need to carry digital camera.I think it is difficult to protect longer battery life in mobile due to we listen music, see videos, plays games and camera flash but if I have a stuff battery the problem will be solve and battery is cheaper than digital camera..

Company Samsung Electronics today present first mobile phone with 12-megapixel camera, Pixon 12th...Pixon 12, which has more resolution than more cameras, and will seriously danger of the industry on the camera and photo-devices, which in the last several years a decrease due to occurrence of the different mobile phones with advanced camera. Besides the 12-megapixel, Mobile phone which the model Samsung M8800 Pixon, you automatically offers stabilizing the picture, as well as options for character recognition and smile.Size of the photographs varies from two to 18 megabytes, and the next photo you can to make after two seconds, which is particularly impressive given the fact that the question for the mobile phone.

But what is the maxmium optical zoom rate?

There is so much emphasis on megapixel value!People really dont understand! If you have a terrible lense and a huge sensor, most of the pixels are just random colours which make the image look terrible.This is the case with many cameraphones as there isnt enough space for enough light to reach the sensor. You end up with a picture which looks dark and where the colours are inaccurate and the picture looks less clear than a camera with a good lense and much lower megapixel value.Im not sure about this phone in particular, but everyone thinks that megapixel value equals quality!

If you ask me, its not a good idea to buy such phones. Their features are good and they are perfect for showing off, but if bad luck strikes and you lose it or something similar happens, the feeling will be very bad. That's why I use a phone which is low on features. So even if Iose it or it gets destroyed, the loss won't be much and I won't feel so sad.Anyway it's interesting to know that technology is improving day-by-day. But this is definitely not a phone for everyone, coz most people won't even know how to make the best use of such features!

This seems really interesting, it's hard to believe that a phone can actually take bigger pictures than a digital camera. But it's not just the megapixels, I bet that a digital camera of $200 can snap pictures lot better than this mobile, because that's what cameras are made for they take good images and they've got a lot focus, macro, nightvision etc.