xisto Community
The Simpleton

How Does My Group Change?

I noticed that there are certain groups over here that members are classified into....members, Hosted,moderators and admins are the groups that I've so far seen. If I'm not wrong, the "Hosted" group is for those people who've bought hosting with their myCENTs? Well I've bought a domain with hosting just recently and was wondering if my group could be changed to [HOSTED]. Is there any procedure to be followed for this?

The Hosted group was used to show members who were hosted under the old Credits system. It just didn't get removed when we switched over to myCENTs, and doesn't really mean anything now - some people have it and aren't hosted, and plenty of people are hosted now but don't have that group.

The HOSTED group is from the old credit system called Credit System V2. But after Credit System V3(myCent system) there are no more differences in groups. Only old members like me who had hosting in the old credit system has this HOSTED group name. All new members who bought hosting with myCents will have Members group only... By the way, you are a Telugu guy..right? me too...

That makes a lot of sense...I think the forum needs a little bit of updating to be done - there's the "Request Hosting" forum which is not required under the new system and also this groups system....a little tidying up to be done :excl:

Anyway thanks for the quick response. I asked because it feels special to be in a group that few people are in....cut off from the crowds :angel:

By the way, you are a Telugu guy..right? me too...

Lol...I knew my avatar would help in spotting out other Telugus :( Nice to know...