xisto Community
Misanthrope

Cutenews Query Alignment Issues

Do you mean the large spaces between the words next to the picture? They're caused by setting the text to be justified. The maximum number of words are put on each line, then space expanded between them til they all fill exactly the same width, giving a defined column size (like you see in newspapers). The easy way to fix it is to change the text alignment to left aligned, but without seeing the CSS I can't tell you exactly how to do that.

Hi!@MisAnthropeAs rvalkass suggests, the spacing between the words is due to the justify alignment of the text. I don't know why you see spacing between the characters but I'm guessing it's probably due to the browser that you are using. Text justification should not occur by the browser adding spaces between characters in a word because the user wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the spacing in a word for text justification and the spacing in a sentence for word separation. I'm using Firefox 3.0.11 and it appears just fine with the spacing between the words. If you need more help with this, send me a private message or email me and I'll help you with removing the text justification.Hope this helps.Regards

Using Firebug to inspect the page shows me that the justify attribute is a part of an in-line style for the div containted within the div#content.You will likely need to check the Cutenews source code to resolve the issue, (or adjust the text to use smaller words so the justification happens in a more presentable fashion???) (or adjust the floated image size???).

Hi!I'm guessing Cutenews has some kind of a rich text editor that adds the text justification and perhaps it would have a way of inserting HTML content directly into the editor? If not then, as jlhaslip says, you've got to modify the source code.I was wondering if you would have to give us access to the source code to be able to help you out so I just looked up the Cutenews website and forum. It's free for non-commercial use as long as you don't remove the "Powered by" at the bottom of the page i.e. on the page footer, so I guess the other members on the forum can get you a mod or something.I would do more to help, but I'm packing for my week-long vacation which I'll be starting soon.Regards

Thank you all for your most helpful responses. I've no doubt between the lot of you a cure to my Cutenews (i.e. source of all my ill) woe is on the near horizon! Please bear with me as I continue to flounder through your knowledgeable information for something my techno-challenged mind can comprehend, implement, and hopefully - respond to. Gratefully Yours,Misanthrope