xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
rob86

Hello Everyone

Hi all, I'm Rob and I live in NB, Canada. I'm 22 years old and I signed up here for the free web hosting :lol: ?but I was surprised to see there's quite a bit of interesting stuff going on in the forums. I did some basic webpage designing a long time ago but now I had a resurging interest in php/mysql so I'm learning it. I have other interests, if anyone cares, such as music (..guitarist mostly but interested in mostly everything musical, different instruments I wish I could afford, electronic music, etc.. and have an interest in world music). I enjoy helping people, so if anyone happens to be interesting in learning to play guitar or have other questions I'd be glad to offer some help.Well that's a decent introduction, see you all in other parts of the forums hopefully.

Hello and welcome to the Xisto forums, Rob.
Nice to have more people interested in music here. I also like creating music, I play the drums.

Anyway, it's a good thing that you've started learning php and sql, they are very powerful, however, I would suggest getting to know javascript, if you don't already (and maybe CSS, I can't know how much "a long time ago" is so I don't exactly now what kind of standards applied when you learned webdesign).

But before you get started with posting, I must warn you that the information on the page Xisto.com is outdated. We have moved to the myCENTs system now. Register at https://support.xisto.com/ now to start earning cents(use the same e-mail address you used here). Your myCENTs status will appear after you've made 5 posts
Here are some articles I would like you to give a small peak at:

The Xisto rules

Things you should know before you start your posting spree :lol:Pre-signup FAQ

Whenever you have questions about the forums, you can ask our mods (or me). But before you make a new topic about your problems with the system i suggest first checking the Xisto readme(link is above the shoutbox). You can also use shoutbox to get support, there usually are some members around

I won't bother you anymore, see you around :XD:

Edited by Baniboy (see edit history)

Welcome to the Trap, Rob!

So many things to say, yet so few that won't make me sound like a hyperactive Lemure that's spent too much time on a fast moving merry-go-round...

I, too, am relatively new here, and while I share a love for music, I have no aptitude. Any musical instrument I play ends up sounding like a 5 car pileup, played in reverse. I play a MEAN radio, however, so does THAT count? :lol:

Any who, I hope you enjoy your stay here, and if there's anything I or anyone else can do to answer a question, clear up a mystery, or just mke your day a little brighter, just holler.

BaniBoy has done a fine job of getting you started, so I've no need to drop any more links in your lap. If you ever have questions, don't be shy! Take care, and have fun!- Ash :lol:

Thanks for the welcoming. I registered on Xisto - Support a while ago now I'll check out the rules. I'm surprised at how much is going on in the forums, shouldn't be hard to get some myCents with all the cool discussions to join in. :lol: