xisto Community
novaforme

Overclocking So have you ever overcloked your comp

Pshhh, i overclock my beast from 2.2ghz to 2,8ghz and Ive just got an Antec cooling fan, i think it helps that my pc sits next to a window unit(AC) and the power pack isnt even *in* the computer, it's just kinda chillin out on the ground. But ive only had an overheat problem once.

Recently, I've started to overclock my AMD 64 Venice. It's pretty sick. Went from a stock 2.0 Ghz to 2.7Ghz on stock cooling at low temps. Performance gain is amazing, went from a 43s 1M superpi calc, down to a 31s time. 3d marks also increased dramatically and games run much smoother, I would highly recommend. Best part is I'm doing this all on stock cooling :)

I've overclocked my AMD XP-M Processor from 1.2ghz to 1.4Ghz using only air cooling.The funny thing is that I overclocked it without that being my intent. I was changing settings in my BIOS and noticed a value called "Bus Speed" was not as high as it could be. I kicked it up a little higher and I was over clocked.I use a case fan and the processor fan for cooling. All I have to watch out for is dust. But a simple cleaning every now and then fixes that :lol:

Well, just a stupid question... How is it possible to overclock a processor/video card?

I know what overclocking is, but not how to do it... B)

207131[/snapback]

I think most people do overclockings through the bios. Just changing options here and there.

However, I only tried overclocking once. Made a 2.4GHz northwood run at 2.8GHz with copper heatsinks. Temperature stayed around 30celsius. B)

I do a little, but I don't really need to overclock. My processor runs at 2.85 GHz. That isn't much of an increase from 2.8 GHz. It doesn't run any hotter. Sometimes, I will put it at 2.86 GHz, but I don't "try" to overclock.My computer is fan cooled, not liquid cooled. My Intel would probably heat up too much if I tried to overclock. I would buy a new processor that was faster to get more speed, not overclock.

I was just wondering how exactly do you overclock your cpu i tried once on a old pc i think it was an amd i cut some pins physically and then set it into the motherboard turned it on and bam my pc blow up and there was fire and smoke and everything it recked everything and the only thing i could save was my ram the hardrive got burnt the video card melt and well the case was not a cas no more and the cpu was gone lmfao but beforew i try again i want to make sure how to do it so i don't reck my pc this time lol

I have never overclocked my computer but overclocking the graphics card is easier. I dont risk overclocking the computer its to much money to risk. But i take risks on the graphics card even though its pretty expensive but not as my as my Dell Dimension XPS.