xisto Community
novaforme

Overclocking So have you ever overcloked your comp

there was a company that would sell you a P4 that was clocked to 5. something Ghz, they used an air condition system that was built into the computer, crazy

I clocked my comp, but only by 20%.. from 2.0 to 2.6 GHz... and believe it or not, I use box cooler, that shipped with the original 2.0 cpu :D Of course, the case stays open at all times, and two additional 80 mm fans are installed, one of them blowing on the heat sink, and one blowing under the hard drive... On 100% utilization, cpu temp doesn't go over 50 degrees Celsius...As for eXtreme clocking... ir rulez! :D I enjoyed watching a movie where this guy, from Tom's Hardware Guide, clocked P4 to 5.2GHz, and cooled it with liquid nitrogen :D and chipset was cooled with some sort of compressor... and the cpu temp was about -190 degrees Celsius :DI just love this kind of things, i just wish I knew mora about hardware, so I could do some of that eXtreme stuff...

ok thats not bad for a box cooler, i got mine from 2.0 to 2.9 with a thermaltake volcano 7, what are you running AMD or Intel? and i saw that on tomshardware too that was crazy, that would be cool to do if i wasnt affraid of turning my hands into glass :-) do you keep yours clocked that high Galahad or just once?

I overclocked 700 Mhz to 800 Mhz with just 1 fan... The result, the motherboard was damaged! Can't read my two memory. And, when I open my pc, I hear a siren!

I overclocked 700 Mhz to 800 Mhz with just 1 fan... The result, the motherboard was damaged! Can't read my two memory. And, when I open my pc, I hear a siren!

46779[/snapback]

do not overclock if you do not understand the risks....

do not overclock if you do not understand the risks....

46785[/snapback]

That's why I have learned my lesson! I will never ever ever overclock unless I have many coolers! :D

ok thats not bad for a box cooler, i got mine from 2.0 to 2.9 with a thermaltake volcano 7, what are you running AMD or Intel? and i saw that on tomshardware too that was crazy, that would be cool to do if i wasnt affraid of turning my hands into glass :-) do you keep yours clocked that high Galahad or just once?

46675[/snapback]

I actualy clocked the machine about 5 hours after I bought it :D and it's runing at that speed since... that's about... two years now...

And most current thing... my system is up for 540h 5m 50s :D and it's WinXP Pro SP1... and believe me... apache/mysql are constantly on-off, on-off... UnrealIRCd the same... playing NFSU2, and other games... SETI@Home always running...

I'm just trying to see how long the system will be stable :D

Oh, yes... I'm runing Intel Celeron

6 GHZ............-190 Celius UR BEING SARCASTIC RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....-190 celcius is beyond the point of freezing.................................6ghz.......the gold pins were not meant to withstand such speeds even if cooled still going to malfunction.......Max over clock for any porcessor is 1.8 ghz( EXTREME ) .....XD nothing can survive in -190 celcius.......also nothing mve or function at such low temps........They made HUGE deal when Asus made pentium run at 5 ghz ( pentium 3.2 ) with there partners site very own cooling solution...... so i dont see how 6 hgz is factual.....

No, not being sarcastic... -190 degrees celsius...Besides, the lower the temperature, lower the resistance... why would it be impossible? All you need is some liquid nitrogen, a compressor... and voila :DHowever, I would be more than sattisfied with 3.2HT processor :D

Galahad- you have a nice system if you kept if overclocked for so long with such abuse running on it, nice job.

AnimeExile- Ive been overclocking computers since the days of 486's and you can go as low as -190 degrees celsius, this proves it Click Here yea it was only 5 Ghz but i believe they could have gone further. not to bad for a P4 3.2Ghz.

hmm, if a PDA counts as a computer: YES!I overclocked it from 144Mhz to 185Mhz to be able to watch full screen divx movies, best of all, no additional cooling neccesary!