xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
aloKNsh

What Is Eye Os?

When i was surfing for some os i got this one.It says that its a web-based os but what does it mean by that.i hope anyone knows about it and what is the function of eye os.check this out:http://www.eyeos.com/

Hi!I wouldn't call EyeOS a true operating system as it doesn't perform all that Windows, Linux or the MacOS X does. It still requires you to have some kind of operating system installed to function. It's a kind of a software suite that could go as far as performing desktop virtualization.Regards,Nitin Reddy

I don't know anything about this particular model, but cloud computing as a concept is simply the collective resources of networked computers operating in tandem to provide a virtual service of some sort.Basically, you get the power and performance of a wide range of computers that provide your system data and resources it couldn't hope to process on its own. Despite "cloud computing" being a relatively new buzzword, this sort of distributed functionality has been in use for years for things like mapping the human genome, calculating astronomy, and even attempting to detect alien lifeforms.By the way, I heard that Microsoft is thinking about utilizing the technology for a future Windows platform... just a rumor from cnet or wherever, but I can't imagine that being very successful. :lol:

EyeOS is web based application than operating system. Besides to call operating system it has to interact with hardware. For EyeOS it's way through browser->OS-> Hardware hence it can't be termed as true operating system.Such web based applications are useful to store image, media files and to work with office alternative applications. BTW, Openoffice and some clones of it are available as online service. So you can use openoffice on browser. Not sure about speed and performance of the service,but still worth a try. Other than EyeOS, there are some other services like g.host.it and some other eyeOS type clones are available free of cost with 1GB free space. for additional disk space you've to purchase membership etc type plans. Now that we're talking about microsoft, they're in this market as well. When they lauched Microsoft office service to compete with google docs. they made their cloud computing plans. You can read more about windows live cloud services on "Winsupersite" site.