xisto Community
Zentron

Retro: The Best Console The ancients always return mwahahaaaa

Which of these consoles is the greatest?  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I wouldn't really consider the PS1 "retro".

but do you guys remember this baby?

Id play it for hours. Donky Kong, Burger Time, Asteroids, Space Invaders, Centipede, Baseball, Q* Bert, Spy Hunter, the list goes on and on. I had the old school stering wheel for the racing games too. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that was the first racing wheel available for any console. :)

And you can own this peice of Videogame hsitory for only.... $9.99! http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Hm, i should put a bid in on it. :) Mine is broken :D

But I'll vote for SNES. That game had my favourite games (DKC, SMRPG, TMNT4, RnRR)

Ps1 isn't that old...but I would say it just about classes as a retro console, oh and I voted for ps1, you just can't doubt the fun games released on there and there's of course the ff series. I think though that the sega megadrive II is amazing as well, but I've played on the ps1 for longer and the games there are just too good(I can't be asked to say any right now, games in other room and can't be asked to go look at them or remember lol)

If its the video cable that's not working, the N64 one is exactly the same as the Gamecube one. Just though I'd let ya know.

57826[/snapback]

i found that out a couple of weeks ago when i bought a gamecube and i can play my N64 again

playstation is the only one of the systems on the poll that i have ever heard of even though xbox in my mind is the all time best system in the world i voted playstation since xbozx wasnt on there :blink:

I had a hard time choosing between the NES and SNES. They're both really great systems, altho the NES started the whole thing. 1 out of 3 people had a NES, atleast in america, as far as I know, and without that, the SNES might not have been as big.

Fisrt of all, you can?t compare those consoles, because some are 8 bits, some others 16 bit and Saturn I think it?s 32 bit... so the best console of these, technically, is Saturn, obviously. I Have chosen Supernes because it?s the one I had and played most. Games like Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana, Super Mario Kart... were really amazing. But I know NES was really influencing and you got a lot of classics there and I love it.And by the way, someone said that wish those old games were made on the newer systems... haven?t you heard about emulators? <_< I play emulators much more than PC games.

i hope im not going out of topic on this but do you remember a game called killer instinc that game was the best killer fighting game ever. it was on the NES system.

The Saturn, Genesis, and Atari 2600 were the best, IMO. Some of the later games of the Saturn's life were superior to the Playstation and Nintendo 64 techically. I'm not willing to spend $100 for the Panzer Dragoon Saga, so I don't know how well it was in gameplay.

i would have to say the Super Nintendo (snes). that system was awesome and had many games that were fun. i was only like 6 when i got my super nintendo. i didnt get any more systems till the ps2 came out. but i did play some of them and they were fun. i would have to say that if the n64 was up there i would probly have to say that one just because of super smash bros.

Had to go with SNES, tough choice tho, I loved my sega saturn. Virtua Fighter and Virtua Cop were two of the best games I have ever played. I wish they would remake Virtua cop for a new system.