xisto Community
Baniboy

How Do I Reduce The Speed Of Internet On Another Computer?

Why not just invest in some money and ban you tube from a certain time, It will keep him happy as it will not always be blocked but will be at some times :P Makes every body happy. But I don't know how to slow down a computers internet speed other than to disconnect it.

trickle does not perform its job perfectly. it is wondershaper that is good. i have a fast but limited data connection, so when i browse through videos, i loose my MBs very fast and they go waste... so i controlled my internet speed and now it is saving my money... thank you

a router with QoS feature is one solution to control the download speed of your kid brother. i'm using an ASUS wireless router flashed with DD-WRT firmware. you can do lots like bandwidth shaping, packet prioritizing (you can prioritize P2P over YouTube), etc. if flashing firmware is beyond your forte, there are commercial routers flashed with DD-WRT such as Buffalo.btw, there's one feature you do. prioritizing ACK packets. it helps maintain your download speed even when you're uploading.

a router with QoS feature is one solution to control the download speed of your kid brother. i'm using an ASUS wireless router flashed with DD-WRT firmware. you can do lots like bandwidth shaping, packet prioritizing (you can prioritize P2P over YouTube), etc. if flashing firmware is beyond your forte, there are commercial routers flashed with DD-WRT such as Buffalo.
btw, there's one feature you do. prioritizing ACK packets. it helps maintain your download speed even when you're uploading.

I have read about the QoS earlier but not able to configure my D-Link router for it not even that found any helpful information to configure it. If you have any and like to share it please post it here, It may very helpful not to me to other users also.

As per flashing router firmware is very risky to do. If we make any mistake it wil make our router dead.

wanted to know if there is a way i can reduce the speed of my wireless connexion on another laptop. Actually my friend is using the same connexion as mine(upload and download movies,using the connexion for his ps3) and my connexion is really slow..... got an imagine wimax..... try to contact them they told me they can't allocate speed and suggest me to change my wireless key.can you please help methanks