xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
tinoymalayil

Core 2 Quad Intel's Processor

For gamers Core 2 Duo is better because processing power is split more evenly in a 2 core than a quad core [that's what my sources say] and Quad cores are good for High-End Applications such as video editing applications, photoshop, premiere, and 3ds max/maya. Also i7-core processors are new, I guess they are that new that I don't know what their purpose is for.... probably both I guess.

I think Quad Core's are goodI am using Q6600 and so far haven't seen any issues as suchAnd Even the Gaming is great. Those who think Core-2 Duo's are better .. I don't think so.. It may be true for old games but not for the new games@tinoymalayil Its not 4 CPUs its 4 Cores on a single Chip

Wrong..KindaCore 2 Quad Intel's Processor

For the most part, duals are all you need for gaming, since 98% of games don't utilize a quad. 

Since you can usually buy higher clocked duals for cheaper than lower clocked quads, for a gaming rig a dual is usually the way to go. 

That's not to say that quads are bad, just that you don't need them.

-reply by JMass

processor clockCore 2 Quad Intel's Processor

hi...

I am chandrakanth I wanted to know how to increase the processor clock speed intel core2duo and will there be any problem if we do it Please... Reply me...

-question by chandrakanth.R

Is it always going to be this confusingCore 2 Quad Intel's Processor

Intel has gone to great lengths to make their processors more powerful, but the terminology has sure gotten confusing. No longer, can we measure speed in GHz, etc., This chart should shed some light on their latest core I series processors.

Core I-Series Processor Comparisons