xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
tinoymalayil

Why My Monitor Is Not Working In Battery Backup?

Let me know why my monitor is not working in battery backup?My Monitor is Viewsonic 17" widescreen.Now it produces a small sound when working and also it is not working in baterry backup..Instead of working it is just blinking or producing flash when it is i battery backup...

what kind of 'small sound' is it producing ?It may be due to many reasons, one of the reason could be a vibration caused due to magnetism in some component like a spring. Or it could be due to some circuit going bad.Anyways.. I am assuming that you have a NORMAL CRT and Not an LCD.The back-up problem could be of the same reason and may be your monitor is taking more wattage than its suppose to take. May be the circuit has gone bad and its causing more voltage consumption.I think You should get your monitor fixed. Ask him to check for the 'Timing Circuit' firstHope this helps

Let me know why my monitor is not working in battery backup?My Monitor is Viewsonic 17" widescreen.Now it produces a small sound when working and also it is not working in baterry backup..
Instead of working it is just blinking or producing flash when it is i battery backup...

I think you are using CRT Monitor. That may be voltage problem, CRT Monitor requires more electricity than LCD. Try with higher battery backups.

I think you battery backup is some what old or not enough to backup the LCD and other CPU units.Any ways i have found out a new thing that whenever i use firefox in my system using UPS on then it starts to sound but at the same time if i use safari it wont.That means safari is more energy effecient than firefox.LOL