xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

how to connect 2 computer in network using crossover cable Connecting Two Computers With A Crossover Cable

how to connect 2 computer in network using crossover cableConnecting Two Computers With A Crossover Cable

dear all,

I would like to connect 2 system in net work for my house that one is laptop OS is vistha  annther one is desktop OS windos EXP, the XP will be main server, please let me me give step by step procedure

regard

sree

-question by sree

Well there are many ways to do this.

1) Remote Desktop Connection.

2) Team Viewer (Recommend)

There are also a few other ways to do this however Team Viewer is the best way.
I can't really make you a guide on how, However I can tell you how to set up in a simple way.
Simply go to https://www.teamviewer.com/en/
Then download it on both computers, Install....
Go on team viewer on the computer you would like to control find the ID and password.
Next go to the computer you want to control it with and enter it in where the box's are to enter that information.

I hope I helped you!

- Ash :P

Instead you could connect the computers together with the crossover cable then go to network settings and you can configure it by clicking the 'share files and folders' check box and the 'shared internet connection box' etc. Or you can use the networking wizard that will tell you an easier way to do it. Press F1 for help.

Teameviewer no is so good because if you open 3 or 4 files your computer is stuck.

Well something must suck either on your PC or your internet because my friends can run GTA 4 on my PC and play themselves with no lag... and I think it is one of the best open source free ware remote desktop programs out there. If you know anything better why don't you suggest it instead of criticizing my suggestion.

<br /><B>how to connect 2 computer in network using crossover cable</B><br> Connecting Two Computers With A Crossover Cable<br><br> <p>dear all,</p> <p>I would like to connect 2 system in net work for my house that one is laptop OS is vistha  annther one is desktop OS windos EXP, the XP will be main server, please let me me give step by step procedure</p> <p>regard </p> <p>sree</p> -question by sree<br /> <p> </p><br />

<br /><br /><br />
Hello, you haven't mentioned what you want to do with the connection, here is some suggestions:

1. if you want to do file/printer sharing, once you have them connected you can go to either computer and select START->Run, type in "\\computername" and enter ., for example if the other computer's name is "bob" you can type in "\\bob", that will open up a windows that shows what is shared on that computer. if you haven't enabled any shared folders/printers to be shared you won't see anything in that window. to do that, goto the computer you want to share stuff in , and select what you want to share, right click it, it should open up a menu and select share, or select properties and goto the sharing tab, and click on "share this folder". if this doesn't work then your computer must be enabled for sharing first.
2. if you want remote control, the simplest way is to use "remote control" program that comes with windows XP and up. this also works via Windows Live messenger. but by default windows xp does not allow remote control requests to be sent to it, so you have to enable that, read this article for more information: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
if there is something else that you want to do , you can contact me or post here.