xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
SuburbanalCuts

Technology good or bad...

Do you think humans should keep getting more technologically advanced, or should we start using less? You see what I'm saying? We kind of being controlled by machines, if you know what I mean, and we should live much simpler. I mean, we shouldn't get rid of all technology. I guess this post is ironic because I'm using a computer. but That's my opinion. post yours. :D

technology is AMORAL - neither good nor bad. :D it's the people who use them which can be good or bad, not technology per se. like a knife for example, it is double-edged and can be used by a person to commit a crime (bad), or to slice bread (good, try spreading jam on unsliced bread :D), but the knife by itself is neither good nor bad.as for technological advancement, there's nothing wrong with it, and i'm not controlled by a machine yet. lolz! there will be repercussions of technological advancement, but those repercussions will depend solely in the hands of the people who wield them. fire is technology, and without fire, would you eat raw meat? we've gone a long way since fire was discovered (i will microwave the meat nowadays to cook it B)), and we can manage a few leaps in technology some more. :D

technology is AMORAL - neither good nor bad. :D it's the people who use them which can be good or bad, not technology per se. like a knife for example, it is double-edged and can be used by a person to commit a crime (bad), or to slice bread (good, try spreading jam on unsliced bread B)), but the knife by itself is neither good nor bad.

as for technological advancement, there's nothing wrong with it, and i'm not controlled by a machine yet. lolz! there will be repercussions of technological advancement, but those repercussions will depend solely in the hands of the people who wield them.

fire is technology, and without fire, would you eat raw meat? we've gone a long way since fire was discovered (i will microwave the meat nowadays to cook it :D), and we can manage a few leaps in technology some more. :D

45973[/snapback]

yeah i pretty much agree with that. not just the people who use it but how they use it. Like, if you use technology to wash your dishes, mow your lawn, blow the leaves, blow the snow, etc... you won't be that healthy, unless you do tons of monotonous excersises. i don't have to worry about the raw meat tho cuz i'm vegetarian. :D

technology is AMORAL - neither good nor bad. :D it's the people who use them which can be good or bad, not technology per se. like a knife for example, it is double-edged and can be used by a person to commit a crime (bad), or to slice bread (good, try spreading jam on unsliced bread :D), but the knife by itself is neither good nor bad.

as for technological advancement, there's nothing wrong with it, and i'm not controlled by a machine yet. lolz! there will be repercussions of technological advancement, but those repercussions will depend solely in the hands of the people who wield them.

fire is technology, and without fire, would you eat raw meat? we've gone a long way since fire was discovered (i will microwave the meat nowadays to cook it B)), and we can manage a few leaps in technology some more. :D

45973[/snapback]

I'm quite agree with u..it is a wonderful sentence.nice example :D (knife is neither good nor bad).as machine,just computer...now most people need it to work, but one day anyone can think if it has personal ideas what it can do and waht's the result!!!damm...

Technology is something that we can't stop(atleast that is my opinion)Sinds menkind has discovered technology it has been an adiction.Men wil never use technology less only more.

hmm ... this is a rather hard to ask question... technology can help us but can also destroy us .. it depends on how human are using it .. whether wisely to reduce our workload ... or abuse it ..

technology has an advantage, adn disadvantage. it can create and destroy as well. we should use it according to what its really use, and maximize it too. and we should also be disciplined enough to know whats right and wrong.

Like others have mentioned in this topic, technology is neither good nor bad. Just like fire, technology can be used for good, or it can be used for evil. Technology is a blessing AND a curse however. It seems that more bad is being done than good, but that's just an observation. If it were up to me, I would stay away from some technology that I deem useless and live a simpler life. I like nature and what it has to offer. I don't want technology to become nature's replacement. That would be sad if that becomes the case. The biggest problem with technology is that is makes it easier and easier for people to do almost anything, which means that people have less and less to do, which in turn results in more laziness, less activity, less effort, and more "free time", which can be taken as being a very unwholesome thing. Technology has also caused alot of people to lose their jobs, and has created few jobs as compensation. The more advanced technology gets, the less control humans have, which inturn makes it easier to be controlled by governments and the upper Achelon of the world. So, in the end, technology could backfire on humanity in which humans lose control of it. That may be along time from now, but it's bound to happen, sooner or later, isn't it?I'm not saying that people should stop using any technology whatsoever. You need some technology to survive. I'm just saying that we should reflect and realize that the threat is real. However, this is nothing more than one person's perspective. Take it for what it's worth.

I think that we should continue to strive to advance our technology to make common life easier. Maybe in the future, we can have wireless internet that can reach to the far parts of the Earth. :lol:

I think that we should continue to strive to advance our technology to make common life easier.

141208[/snapback]

see thats where i disagree. Life isn't supposed to be easy. Life is life, and it's good that way. see what i'm saying? computers, phones, etc are all right, but having robots get our food or doing the garden for us is going to far. then you just end up doing repetitive activities like doing treadmills instead of actually doing anything.

Technology is a nessacity, i don't see how you can say otherwise. Without it we would not have the advancements in communication, transportation, and medicine. Just to name a few. Without technology it would be impossible to sustain the current population on the earth. How would we get enough food? How would we communicate across the globe? Without the advancements in medicine incredible amounts of people would die each year. I just don't see any other option.

technology is AMORAL - neither good nor bad. :P it's the people who use them which can be good or bad, not technology per se. like a knife for example, it is double-edged and can be used by a person to commit a crime (bad), or to slice bread (good, try spreading jam on unsliced bread :(), but the knife by itself is neither good nor bad.

fire is technology, and without fire, would you eat raw meat? we've gone a long way since fire was discovered (i will microwave the meat nowadays to cook it :(), and we can manage a few leaps in technology some more. :P

45973[/snapback]

I agree. however there is an important question here. Do we want more intrusive tehnology in our life- say for example bio technology like chips etc.

I am not so much for a competely technology run world (I go crazy when I have no pc), but i do apprieciate the wonderful bounties that tech does bring when it works.

Technology may be neither good or bad, however as you point out it can have a vert changeing effect on society. The question we need to answer is not will we alow this (because it will sooner or later) but in which way are we going to use the techonolgy to change our society. Interesting matter is still nuclear weapons! did they bring the world closer together or further appart? its still a question that is being answered today.

i think that we should keep advancing because our world will be a lot safer if we do. look at robot
de-bombers or auto pilot car (still in research) or robot mine sweepers or the stock market or warfare come on these things will make our lives better not worse

Do you think humans should keep getting more technologically advanced, or should we start using less? You see what I'm saying? We kind of being controlled by machines, if you know what I mean, and we should live much simpler. I mean, we shouldn't get rid of all technology. I guess this post is ironic because I'm using a computer. but That's my opinion. post yours. :)

It is true that technology plays a very important role in our world, but with it there always advantages and disadvantages. Take the internet for example. It allows us to reach any person in the world, get any information we want (bad or illegal information is only viewed if people want to, they are not obliged to view it anyway), but one disadvantage of the internet is that anyone can violate someone's copyrights and simply get safely away with it. I'm talking about piracy, one of the main concerns out there.With the internet, came piracy. With piracy came copy protections. With copy protections came security advancements. With security advancements came other ideas for both even more security advancements and anti-security advancements (invasions/breaches). And with that came Etc, and etc..You see, every technology always triggers some kind of other technology or some new idea for another innovation. With a technology's good part we want to use it more and see it getting more and more developed, and with a technology's bad part we want other technologys to secure or correct the other.Personally, I don't know where this is going to stop, but one thing I know for sure. We will sooner end up dead by technology wars, because there are people in this world that controll the technology developments, others that manage the economic relationships between countries, and all this leads to a technology race, that usually ends up in war, if it's a particularly innovating technology. (These capitalists won't rest until they dominate everything).And that's my oppinion. (and sorry for any grammar error or bad english you may find. I tried my best to expose my idea in my second language:))