xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
jaychant

I'm A Man Of A Few Words... And it sucks so bad

One of the things that I hate most is that I just don't understand how people can have conversations for hours about stuff that's pointless, obvious, or stupid. Personally, I can't say much about what I hear. I mean, what is there to say? If someone says that it's hot, I can never say anything but "yup", and yet other people will start talking about a time when it was really hot. I just don't get it at all.What bugs me most is, just because I'm a man of a few words, I have serious trouble making friends at school. People don't dislike me, I just don't talk to people because from my perspective, there's just nothing to say. And to make matters worse, anything I think is remotely cool (usually something I find on the internet), nobody has any interest in whatsoever. And yet they're entertained by "Oh my god, it was so hot, I was just dripping!" :P This also hurts because there's a good amount of common knowledge I don't even have simply because I don't talk to people my own age, which is irritating.And sports. How can you talk extensively about sports? To me, one team won and one team lost. That's it. Or one team will win or one team will lose. How can there be more to discuss? B) So irritating...

I'm pretty much the same way...I'm a very quiet person but it's why I know/learn so much. I'm constantly absorbing all of the information around me, regardless as to where I'm at.In school I could name 99% of the people in my class(of 550-600 students) and probably 90% of them didn't even know who I was... It's kind of funny to have someone be a jerk to you and you let them know one of their "personal" things they don't want anyone to know....It freaks people out because they don't know you and can't figure out how you know about them.Being quiet is a good thing though...There's a saying, "There's a reason why you have one mouth and two ears...You should be listening more than talking."

One of the things that I hate most is that I just don't understand how people can have conversations for hours about stuff that's pointless, obvious, or stupid. Personally, I can't say much about what I hear. I mean, what is there to say? If someone says that it's hot, I can never say anything but "yup", and yet other people will start talking about a time when it was really hot. I just don't get it at all.
What bugs me most is, just because I'm a man of a few words, I have serious trouble making friends at school. People don't dislike me, I just don't talk to people because from my perspective, there's just nothing to say. And to make matters worse, anything I think is remotely cool (usually something I find on the internet), nobody has any interest in whatsoever. And yet they're entertained by "Oh my god, it was so hot, I was just dripping!" :P

This also hurts because there's a good amount of common knowledge I don't even have simply because I don't talk to people my own age, which is irritating.

And sports. How can you talk extensively about sports? To me, one team won and one team lost. That's it. Or one team will win or one team will lose. How can there be more to discuss? B)

So irritating...

And yet you ironically just posted two-hundred and nine words with out saying anything. B) Poking fun aside what you consider to be boring or inane may well not be so to other people and thus they discuss these things. To you only the things you like are interesting. This is not uncommon, particularly in your age group. That is not criticism but simply where you are. To many a sporting event is far far more than one team lost another didn't. I could not begin to describe the amazing game Chelsea had with Liverpool this week in just a few words.

Off topic advice: don't isolate yourself simply because you don't feel others are up to your level of discourse.

And yet you ironically just posted two-hundred and nine words with out saying anything. :P Poking fun aside what you consider to be boring or inane may well not be so to other people and thus they discuss these things. To you only the things you like are interesting. This is not uncommon, particularly in your age group. That is not criticism but simply where you are. To many a sporting event is far far more than one team lost another didn't. I could not begin to describe the amazing game Chelsea had with Liverpool this week in just a few words.
Off topic advice: don't isolate yourself simply because you don't feel others are up to your level of discourse.

I of course don't isolate myself. I do, however, get easily bored by others' conversations, often resulting in my mind drifting off to something else or me walking away (usually the latter) because I just don't see the point.

BTW, the reason I have so many words in that post is because I am a better writer than I am a speaker; I can say more if I'm writing.

When one team wins and the other loses there are a lot of factors andsmall details that take place.This is why people are fascinated by it and enjoy talking about it.Some players perform well and some don't.Other players are injured.There are strategic decisions that have been made.All these are things that people who like sports find interesting.That is why they like talking about it.

You literally counted his words??? You sure you have any friends??? I mean you're wasting all that time, I have friends texting and calling, my phone is ringing off the hook at this moment. I can't even write longer than this.