xisto Community
Echo_of_thunder

My Isp Got the royal beep

Well as some of you may have noticed, I have not been around or posting much. reason being is my ISP is giving me a load of royal Beep. I had been paying my bill by westen union every 6 months. Best way for me since I do not have a credit card. Well my bill was due so I filled out all the forms to wire them the $64.70. then went to the western union location to do the thing, only to find out that they no longer accpted that form of payment. So when I got back home I logged onto there site to see. They still had that up that they took western union payments. I told the woman that I spoke with of what I was told at the payment location and she was like Say what? Then she passed me onto her supervisor who was also like huh? he intern passed me to his boss who told me Yes they did still take western union. I told him again of how they told me that they did not take it. He nicely asked me to hold. After about 5 mins of listening to the worst music on earth, he comes back to tell me Yes they no longer took it. I told him they they need need to remove that they did from there site. That was almost a month ago. Well after almot a month waiting I decided to go with another ISP. as it turns out they are partners with the one that I had. You can guess the one's now I bet. anyways, Being a partner you would think they would have the same rules of payment. After opening a copy of the invoice they sent me via E mail they take western union, so I call them and guess what? I get the same Run a Round as I did the month before. Almost word for word too. They also do not take it. I informed them that I would be contating the BBB in this matter, that they still had all this of western union payments on there site. that that was bad advertising and breaking the law. So everyone Just be careful of what you read. if there is a phone number on the site Best call, you never know when or if the site needs a Major update

Ouch, sorry to hear about your misfortune...That's pretty messed up.Keep in mind that the BBB doesn't always solve issues, and if the company isn't "licensed" by the BBB then there is nothing the BBB can hold them accountable for. More or less the BBB gets things by saying "If you don't comply, we will remove our icon from your site."Also, as far as I know the BBB charges for the reports, so I would do research before actually filing it.And can't you do a money order payment or something?

Sorry to hear about the Western Union issue with the new and old ISP.Did the change save you any money? Are you still on dial-up?And most importantly, will you be here more regular now?Good to see you back in the Forum.

Ouch man, that's some bad luck you had there to chose basically the same ISP and get the same yadda, yadda, yadda again, not getting what you actually deserve, a nice support line with helpful people. :P

You should contact the BBB for the good of the other people that woulda get in the same stupidities if they are a user of that ISP.

Happy to see you back! Post a lot to compensate what you lost for the period when you were away! B)

Psh, I was gone for weeks too and it's like nobody noticed, :P.

The regular members are all missed from time to time. Everyone has a life outside the Xisto, and absences happen.I've been known to miss a few days myself when my work schedule takes me out of town or I get too busy. Or when a power failure takes out the service. Happens a couple times a year in this rural area I live in. No big deal.

Sorry to hear about the Western Union issue with the new and old ISP.Did the change save you any money? Are you still on dial-up?
And most importantly, will you be here more regular now?

Good to see you back in the Forum.

To answer your question's yes yes and yes to all three of them. $5 USD fee for paying by check. yes to dial up but a faster dial up I have noticed. and as for being a reg? haha JL old friend, you should know me better than that. who would keep SM's spam all friend and on the grill?