xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Ash-Bash

Google Webmaster Tools Not Working.

Right Hello,

I have seen the topic my site does not show up on google.

And seen a post Saying Google Webmaster tools will do it.

I have signed up perfect added in my site however when I try both verify steps it does not work, I have been trying for ages now to try and get it working I am now getting really frustrated with this.

Please can some of you guys help me get this problem fixed!

Thanks in advance to any help you give me :)

Edit this is the error status I get:

Verification status: NOT VERIFIED

We've detected that your 404 (file not found) error page returns a status of 200 (Success) in the header.

- Ash.

Edited by Ash-Bash (see edit history)

For the verification I always upload the html file. Put it into your /public_html folder or whatever it's called. Make sure it is NOT in a subfolder. And then click on the verification again. It should work.I use Google Webmaster tools for all of my sites. I just verified one last night in fact, so I can verify that it still works.Let me know if you still have issues after trying the .html one and I'll detail exactly what I do for verification.

Yup I have done exactly what you said and it still does not work :s. I am know n00b at this stuff so I know what I am doing however I can't seem to think why it is not working. I mean I have tried both ways and it just does not work. Google :)I have also just put the error I get in the main topic :P.

Edited by Ash-Bash (see edit history)

Hmm....When you try to load the page directly(yourdomain.com/) does it load up for you? If not, that's your issue...If it does, I'm not sure what else to try.

Yup it does show I have tried CHmodding as well. Its just so annoying :R! I think my next move will be to make a support ticket on my host to ask them. If anyone else can try and help please do! Thanks in advance to anyone who does :S.

Right I have switched host's now and it seems to be verified which is good However I am now on a long wait for the domain name servers to change to my new host. And by the way don't use 000webhost they are Crap use ULMB or Xisto hosting! :) You can close this topic now.

Hmmm, I'm having issues with my most current site as well....Are you still having issues?My problem is the system claims I'm verified and all but that Googlebot couldn't find the main site(bryworld.com).... What bothers me is it claims it's been trying to find it since March 28, but I didn't even sign up the domain or link anything to Google Webmaster until around April 7th or so...I'm wondering if it's a default message for new sites or if there is something wrong.