xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
contactskn

Normally At What Age A Child Start Speaking.

3years old canNormally At What Age A Child Start Speaking.My son is 3 years old and can not speak. When he was a baby a friend of mine use to look after him and also speak Gujrati with him and at home I will speak my language and english. I don't know whether is because of that because he speaks the baby language. The are words you pick up but most of them are baby ones. Is that normal or do I need to sick help?-reply by Gloria

Hmmm,Vishal you should not worry,relax a little.Do something happened in the last one month,good or bad? If everything is OK,but he stopped saying words that maybe is because he growth more.Try to help him and repeat dada,mama :o I am not expert at babies but this should help :) It is still normal if he is 13 months.Check how much fun will be with your kid on 1 year and half/2 years.He will start talking a little more words.

i agree. You know people have different rates of adapting and kids are no less different. with a little more time and a bit of effort, a kid will start talking.

I say this after watching my brother's two kids grow and we taught em the big words straight without bothering with dada and all! amazing hey! they are both sharp kids and the first one who is four can already count and recite bed-time stories on her own! but thats kinda exceptional i think, kids are different but just give it a bit more time..

good luck and don't worry it'll be soon!

My son is not sepak well ??Normally At What Age A Child Start Speaking.

Dear Sir,

My son is now 3 years old, but he is not still speak well. He says mummy, daday, papa, aajja, (grandfather) . He is says all aplhabetical words from A to Z . &  say numerical  1 to 4 .

He is going to Nursery . 

We are speaking 2 language in home ?? is it the fact for him not speaking ??

But still he is not asking any thing like  Water, Food or any thing  ??  He just point out to the product which he is need.

Please help me waht I do ??  I need to do some speech Therapy ???  Actually what is speach Theraphy ??.

Regards

Kotian

-reply by Jayram D Kotian

Hello dear friends. I want to know the normal age of a child to reach the milestone related to speach. Is 18 months sufficient for a child to start speacking or he should take some more time. I would like serious and medically proven answers. Please do help me. Thank you in advance.

I wouldn't say i have any medical proof, but I've heard anywhere from one to two years. A cousin of mine is starting to talk often, although her speech is garbled. She's a bit over two years old.

However, I have heard from someone who was taking child care classes that different parts of different children develop at their own pace. If one child is developing faster than another, it doesn't mean that the other child is slow or going to become slow. It just means it isn't his or her time yet.

my 3 year old daughter does not speak yet Normally At What Age A Child Start Speaking.Hello,My name is Lin, my daughter is 3 and 2 months and still does not speak. She has just started speech therapy and I pray to God that it does the trick. She used to say mum , dad and bye bye although she never used any word consistantly, but nontheless we have all heard her say it. However she stopped saying anything. The doctor said she is too young to label and he would prefer to see how she gets on. I am worried sick and get so depressed about it. I would like to hear from any1 with similar experiences or advise. Thank u

well if your baby starts to talk until age 2 is fine,beleive it or not i started to talk at age 4 because my parents talked to me with 2 diffrent languages,the doctar said to my mother to stop to chat with me the russian langauge and then 1 year later i talked fine,but it all depends on the baby,you have plenty of time ,if you talk with your home langauge,which you talk in the house and outside,other people ect' the little baby will catch up quicker,if you have a problem talk to your doctar.

Hmmm I am not sure and have no medical answers like you have asked but I am a mother of 4 children, And all 4 of mine were pretty much speaking very well by 18 months. They all started saying words like mama, dada, ETC. before they were even a year old. So in my opinion 18 months is a little late. But I am not sure my kids may have been fast at learning to talk. Although again all kids are different and have there own speed for learning.

Way to be competitive:( Childhood is a journey not a race!
Interesting that the poster asked for medical info from professionals and you think because you have kids you know it all. Other then being a female who bared children, what are your credentials?

hi my child is 2 and4months he cud nt speak properly only mumma,dadday,pappa but all his actions are normal obsoulutely gooddo i need to worrypls reply

Hi,

I would like to reply to several of the contributors who have noted their children could speak (or had started to speak) but then stopped. This could be something known as selective mutism, and whilst not common, it is not particularly uncommon either. I myself did this as a child for 6 months from the age of around 2 and a half to 3 years, having been perfectly able to speak beforehand. It is often related to an event that the child has perceived as traumatic (in my case, my parents split up and my mother left the family home, leaving me with my father). This does not necessarily have to be something like a divorce/separation, but it is related to feelings of anger, frustration and loss of control, which children are unable to express in any other way, so they stop speaking (or another common one is that they become very fussy about food). If you think about it, what a child can eats and what they say are the only things they DO have control over, so we should not be surprised if sometimes they resort to using these things.

When the child's anxiety lessens, so will their selective mutism. My family wanted my father to take me to see a psychologist or speech therapist or both, but he refused and said it would pass (he now says he was pretty angry too and didn't really feel like speaking to people so he thought my reaction pretty logical!). He didn't ever make a big deal of it, draw attention to it, let other people interfere and eventually, he was right. It passed. This may not be everybody's experience, and I have heard that if it does not pass by the time the child is ready for school, this is when intervention should be attempted, as once children start school and become known as the child who does not speak, it is then VERY hard for them to adjust and begin speaking as it has become who they are and a big issue. This is not medical experience, only my own plus reading I have done into the condition over the years as I knew I experienced it as a child.

my son is 3 years and 2 months and he has now started speaking few words, other than he try to speak some more words and even try to take out the sounds.i know kids of his age are pretty talkative, he is otherwise very intelligent as he imitates everything. he knows 1 to 10 and even a,b,c.can anyone tell me that is this normal, as i am now very much worried for him as in this year he has to join the school.can anyone who has crossed the same situation....i need all your help....