xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
contactskn

Normally At What Age A Child Start Speaking.

Hello dear friends. I want to know the normal age of a child to reach the milestone related to speach. Is 18 months sufficient for a child to start speacking or he should take some more time. I would like serious and medically proven answers. Please do help me. Thank you in advance.?

Hmmm I am not sure and have no medical answers like you have asked but I am a mother of 4 children, And all 4 of mine were pretty much speaking very well by 18 months. They all started saying words like mama, dada, ETC. before they were even a year old. So in my opinion 18 months is a little late. But I am not sure my kids may have been fast at learning to talk. Although again all kids are different and have there own speed for learning.

Every child develops differently and at their own pace, as HH pointed out. My fiancee's kids all started talking at about the year mark; a few months before, a few months after. I think that kids are more apt to start speaking sooner with peers around; they will have someone to talk to and develop a vocabulary with.If a child doesn't start speaking by about a year and a half, there is the possibility of turning to a professional for speech therapy. One of our friends has an almost-3-year-old that still refuses to talk. He is a single child and it's not like he hasn't been encouraged to speak, but he's going through speech therapy now and hopefully it will make a positive difference in his speech behavior (which now mostly consists of screeching). :)

My friend has a 5 year old who only started speaking recently. Even then he has trouble pronouncing words. He puts together very short sentences but again his vocabulary is very small. When he was around 3 and 4 he would only make grunting sounds. I'm not sure whats wrong with him but his dad blames it on the effect of his mothers genetics and the fact that she is a crack head. I think if your kid does not start speaking at an early age you should not wait on it and seek professional advice. If your child is handicapped in some way then at least you can find out early and plan to manage his learning accordingly.

My daughter can have already have a meaningful conversation, she's only turning two.. her cousin is three, can only talk few lines..There are tons of factors for this one not just genes.. but yes like everyone said start getting worried if he/she doesnt talk at age of three.

3 year old boy memorized the whole Holy QuraanNormally At What Age A Child Start Speaking.

check this little boy he is only 3 years old he memorized the whole Holy Quraan, 3 Years old Boy speaking Quraan I need your comments. I don't try to talk about religion. I am in finding the right answer for you "Contactskn"  I found this video. Now guys what you think.

-reply by Rakeen

I've got three children. The first two, my lazy boys, only started talking properly around 2, because they were happy to talk baby-talk between themselves, didn't go much to play groups, and knew perfectly well that Mum and Dad could understand them.My third one, my little girl, has said her first words aged 10 months, and by 1, her vocabulary contained mama, dada, bottle, milk and tickle.All children are different, but if you're still worried, do try to get in touch with a speech therapist, like rayzoredge suggested. It worked wonders with my boys!

My nephew started talking at year 2. And niece took some time, she started at 2 year and month years. Both of them were trying to talk because we all used to make noise around them. I remember both of them learned to call their toys name first then they started calling papa and mama etc. People sometime got afraid of kids talking at age 3 and more. Don't be afraid. Make environment around them friendly. and encourage them to talk. Ask them to call names to toys, objects, sky, people etc. They'll start to talk if we go this way.

If you don't teach your child to speak, as he gets older, he will learn to speak at a slower pace. I've got a friend who still didn't speak, mostly he wrote to us by paper. I checked his bag and found out that he got himself lots of paper and 2 bottles of 30 pens :P But i think he's under speech therapy now.

Well it normally differs. Some children start to talk very soon, like at 5th month of the life, while some other start to speak at 15 months and more. But normally a healthy child should have started talking at age 2.

Child Speaking Normally At What Age A Child Start Speaking.

My kid is 13 months old. He started speaking some easy words from around 8-9 months, like dada, mama, thatha etc. He was continuously repeating these words till around last month. But for the last one month, he is not speaking any words. He only speaks AA. All other activities / growth is normal.

what could be the reasons. Do I need to worry.

any suggestions pl.

-question by Vishal Sinha

Hmmm,Vishal you should not worry,relax a little.Do something happened in the last one month,good or bad? If everything is OK,but he stopped saying words that maybe is because he growth more.Try to help him and repeat dada,mama :( I am not expert at babies but this should help :) It is still normal if he is 13 months.Check how much fun will be with your kid on 1 year and half/2 years.He will start talking a little more words.

child speakingNormally At What Age A Child Start Speaking.

hi , my child is early born babies and now she is  about 2 yrs and six months and not speaking only , papa, mama and cant point what she wants , nowadays   she goes to speachtherapy , do you have any idea let me know thanks.?

-reply by gurhan

When should a child start speaking?  My oldest boy started at 6 months-really.  My second son didn't speak until he was 3 years old.  I think it was  because the older, very verbal, boy spoke for him.When he finally did speak (after I refused to respond to his pointing)  it was in short sentences and very clear. Our next child, a girl, started speaking around13 months. All kids are different even in the same family. Our kids were a blast.  Now our grankids are the same.

-reply by Anna