xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
frozen.fish

What Is Your Computer's Sound System? Audiophiles

Hello all,What is your speakers or headphones right now?What are your previous ones and what do you think of it?----I'm pretty much missing sound trippin, right now I have this china branded wireless headphone which is heavy on the ears. I broke the headband of my Sennheiser. :) and I really miss it.. Thinking of getting one again. Speakers are out of the options for me have to give away my(altec lansing 5100) cause my daughter often sleeps in my office.

I have to say that I'm picky about sound, but not enough to be an audiophile.

With that being said, I'm sure most people would be happy with what I have for myself.

First off, I highly, highly, highly recommend VModa's Bass Freq earbuds if you want some personal listening time. They are less than $20, offer more than the best bang for your buck, are of very, very high sound quality, not to mention that CNet has the same praise. They also offer noise-canceling thanks to the design... once fit snugly into the ears, it's hard to hear anything else but only the sound you want to hear. You will NOT be disappointed owning one or two pairs of these awesome earbuds. The only gripes (or small drawbacks to what you get, really) that I have with these earbuds are that the cable feels very, very fragile and not to mention that it's shorter than the cord for most headphones. That and it's not kid-proof: the two-year-old got ahold of them and chewed the plastic earpieces to... well, pieces. (Did I mention that these came with earpieces to customize the fit of your ear canal?)

Secondly, for speakers, I am very happy with the Altec Lansing 2.1 speaker set that I snagged at Wally World (Walmart) for $25. It's insane how much power is behind a seemingly-puny and cheap 2.1 speaker set, and although the two satellites and one subwoofer don't seem like much, it's another best-bang-for-the-buck that I've enjoyed for the longest time. If you can't afford (financially, logistically, or aesthetically) to have a full-blown surround sound system, I would highly recommend this set. I can't find them anywhere anymore, but they're still giving me the same amount of audio enjoyment I've been getting for the past few years.

I am still running on my computer a cheap, $50 external USB SoundBlaster Live! 24-bit sound processor which throws my sound towards the speaker system. I suppose I can attribute additional quality of sound to it, but nowadays onboard sound processors are getting better and better. I'm sure that most people would get much better results with a desktop running a dedicated sound card, or they might not even miss the difference at all.

I use a 2.1 setup, its a boston acoustics set of speakers, I bought of a teacher in high school for $50. great little rig. its gives a great sound

Am using a 7.1 sound card, and a 7.1 setup, but i have a 2.1 system running as the side channel, so i have two woofers.I have any other devices running into a small mixer and into an input on one of my sound cards (I have a spare 5.1 card running)I use to use stereo, then 2.1, then 5.1, I combined the 5.1 and the 2.1 to make my current setup.

I have some truly horrible speakers for my computer. Its one of those white rectangular shaped sets from around the year 2000 :). That being said, I usually listen to music on my iPod. I have a $30 pair of headphones ("Cresyn") with really great sound, and they also cancel noise for the most part. I've had them for a few months and they have worked great, although they are starting to get a little bit of wear and tear. I may have to replace them soon, but we will see. They should be good for months yet.